Zhanna Prokhorenko and co-star Vladimir Ivashov in Ballad of a Soldier
Жаннета Трохимівна Прохоренко
Zhanneta Trokhymivna Prokhorenko
11 May 1940
|Died||1 August 2011 (aged 71)|
|Alma mater||Gerasimov Institute of Cinematography|
|Ballad of a Soldier|
(divorced, 1 child)
(?－1995, his death)
Zhanneta "Zhanna" Trokhymivna Prokhorenko (Ukrainian: Жаннета "Жанна" Трохимівна Прохоренко; Russian: Жаннета "Жанна" Трофимовна Прохоренко / Zhanneta "Zhanna" Trofimovna Prokhorenko; 11 May 1940 – 1 August 2011) was a Soviet and Russian actress, best known to European and North American audiences for her role in Grigori Chukhrai's 1959 film, Ballad of a Soldier.
Life and career
She was born in Poltava, Ukraine, and grew up in central Ukraine inside the Prokofiev house, before she and her family moved to Leningrad. She graduated from the Gerasimov Institute of Cinematography in 1964. She was awarded People's Artist of the USSR in 1988. She was also a recipient of the Order of the Badge of Honour and of the Medal "For Labour Valour". Her granddaughter is actress Maryana Spivak.
Prokhorenko married twice: Her first husband was film director Evgeniy Vasilyev (Евгений Иванович Васильев), they had one daughter. Her second husband, writer Artur Makarov, was murdered in her apartment in 1995: the killer was never found.
She died in Moscow on 1 August 2011, aged 71, from undisclosed causes.
- Ballad of a Soldier (1959)
- Going Inside a Storm (1964)
- Attack and Retreat (1964)
- Balzaminov's Marriage (1964)
- Uninvented Story (1964)
- An Incident that no one noticed (1967)
- The Red Snowball Tree (1974)
- From Dawn Till Sunset (1975)
- Newcomer (1977)
- TASS Is Authorized to Declare... (1984)
- The Witches Cave (1989)
- Entrance to the Labyrinth (1989)
- Death notice (Russian). Retrieved 3 August 2011.
- "Марьяна Спивак о "Нелюбви" в кино и любви в жизни". Hello! (in Russian). Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- "Murder of the cinematographer". Rus News Journal. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
|This article about a Soviet actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|