Zinc Alloy Die Casting
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The use of metals in industries has been vast and almost every manufacturing industry uses different kinds of metals. There are a number of processes by which metals are processed into different forms. Die casting is one of the popular manufacturing processes. It is preferred above all other kinds of processes due to the quality of the finished goods and also the ease of manufacture.
Zinc is a widely used and easily available metal. Zinc die casting applications are widespread and are all around us everywhere. Zinc alloy die casting is used for numerous decoration and functional applications.
Key Advantages of Zinc alloy die casting:
There are many benefits of using Zinc alloy over others.
- Thinner wall sections can be achieved compared to other metals due to high casting fluidity.
- High production rates can be achieved.
- The number of secondary machining operations is very little or none at all.
- The surfaces of the finished products can be made really smooth.
- It is very easy to cast in inserts like threaded inserts, heating elements, and high strength bearing surfaces.
- It is possible to cast low fluidity metals.
- Very high dimensional accuracy can be obtained.
- The casts are able to achieve high tensile strengths as well.