1986 Pittsburgh Pirates season
|1986 Pittsburgh Pirates
Barry Bonds Rookie Season
|Major league affiliations|
|General manager(s)||Syd Thrift|
Pirates Cable Network
|Previous season Next season|
In his rookie season, Barry Bonds led the Pirates with 36 Stolen Bases and finished second on the club with 16 Home Runs.
- October 4, 1985: Jerry Dybzinski was released by the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- December 10, 1985: Bobby Bonilla was drafted from the Pirates by the Chicago White Sox in the 1985 rule 5 draft.
Regular season 
- May 30, 1986: The Pirates recalled Barry Bonds from the Triple A Hawaii Islanders. At the time of the callup, Bonds was hitting .311, with 7 Home Runs, 37 RBIs and 16 stolen bases at Triple A.
Opening Day starters 
Season standings 
|New York Mets||108||54||.667||--|
|St. Louis Cardinals||79||82||.491||28.5|
Notable transactions 
- April 4, 1986: Johnnie LeMaster was released by the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- July 23, 1986: Lee Mazzilli was released by the Pirates.
- July 23, 1986: José DeLeón was traded by the Pirates to the Chicago White Sox for Bobby Bonilla.
- September 30, 1986: Jeff Zaske was traded by the Pirates to the Texas Rangers for Randy Kramer.
Draft Picks 
- June 2, 1986: 1986 Major League Baseball Draft
|1986 Pittsburgh Pirates|
Player stats 
Starters by position 
Note: Pos = position; G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
Other batters 
Starting pitchers 
Other pitchers 
Relief pitchers 
Awards and honors 
- Barry Bonds, Led all rookies in home runs (16)
Farm system 
- Bobby Bonilla page at Baseball Reference
- Lee Mazzilli page at Baseball Reference
- Randy Kramer page at Baseball Reference
- Stan Belinda page at Baseball Reference
- Archi Cianfrocco page at Baseball Reference
- 1986 Pittsburgh Pirates team page at Baseball Reference
- 1986 Pittsburgh Pirates team page at www.baseball-almanac.com
- Johnson, Lloyd; Wolff, Miles, eds. (2007). The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball (3rd ed.). Durham, N.C.: Baseball America. ISBN 978-1-932391-17-6.