2013 in Pakistan
|See also:||Other events of 2013
List of years in Pakistan
Events in the year 2013 in Pakistan.
- President – Asif Ali Zardari
- President (September 9 - Present) - Mamnoon Hussain
- Prime Minister( 22 June 2012 - 16 March 2013 ) – Raja Pervaiz Ashraf
- Prime Minister(June 5 - Present) – Nawaz Sharif
- Prime Minister - Caretaker(25 March 2013 – 4 June 2013) – Mir Hazar Khan Khoso
Here is a list of Chief Ministers of Provinces elected in General Elections 2013, Pakistan
- Chief Minister Punjab, Pakistan(June 8 - Present) - Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif
- Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (May 31 - Present) - Parvez Khattak
- Chief Minister Sind (May 30 - Present) - Qaim Ali Shah
- Chief Minister Balochistan (June 7 - Present) - Abdul Malik Baloch
- Chief Minister Punjab - Caretaker (27 March 2013 – 6 June 2013) - Najam Sethi
- January 10 - A series of terrorist attacks killed more than 100 people in Quetta.
- January 6 - Qazi Hussain Ahmed, a political leader and Ameer of islamic political party Jamaat-e-Islami died in Islamabad.
- March 9 - A Christian, Sawan Masih, 28 is accused of blasphemy against the Islamic prophet Muhammad in a Christian neighborhood in Badami Bagh area.
- March 25 - Mir Hazar Khan Khoso is appointed as caretaker Prime Minister of Pakistan, following the completion of the PPP-led government's term in office. Khoso will oversee the general elections scheduled in May.
- May 11 - General Elections 2013 held across Pakistan.
- May 25 - A school bus explosion kills 17 children and injures seven more in Gujrat.
- June 5 - Nawaz Sharif is elected Prime Minister of Pakistan, following the Pakistan Muslim League (N)'s victory in the 2013 general election.
- July 30 - Mamnoon Hussain is elected as the 12th President of Pakistan in 2013 Presidential election, he will be sworn in on 9 September.
- September 6 - Defence Day is celebrated in Pakistan.
- September 9 - Mamnoon Hussain is sworn in as the 12th President of Pakistan.
- September 24 - A 7.7 magnitude earthquake hits Baluchistan, at least 825 people are killed and hundreds injured.
- September 25 - International Conference of Muslim Leaders, under the supervision of Syed Munawar Hassan, Chief Of Jamaat-e-Islami Pakistan, held in Mansoora, Lahore.
In the end of October the prime minister went to Washington DC in order to have a meeting with US president Barack Obama.
November 9 celebrated as Iqbal day in Pakistan
- November 1 - Hakimullah Mehsud, leader of Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) killed by a US drone attack.
- November 29 - Pakistan Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani retires. General Raheel Sharif becomes the next COAS.
- December 11 - Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry retired from his position, he remained in the Supreme Court from 2005 to 2013, Justice Tassaduq Hussain Jillani becomes the next Supreme Court Chief Justice.
- January 2 — Maulvi Nazir, 37–38, Pakistani militant commander, drone strike.
- January 4 — Anwar Shamim, 81, Pakistani Air Force air marshal, Chief of Air Staff (1978–1985).
- January 6 — Qazi Hussain Ahmad, 74, Pakistani politician, Ameer of Jamaat-e-Islami (1987–2009), cardiac arrest.
- March 18 — Muhammad Mahmood Alam(M.M Alam), 77, Pakistan Air Force Air Commodore(retd), Sitara-e-Jurat, died after a protracted illness.
- May 9 — Sanaullah Haq, 52?, criminal and terror suspect
- August 5 — Quraish Pur, 81, Scholar, Urdu writer/novelist, columnist and media expert died after a protracted illness.
- Jon Boone (10 January 2013). "Pakistan bombings kill at least 100". The Guardian (London).
- "Justice (r) Mir Hazar Khan Khoso named interim PM of Pakistan". The Express Tribune. 24 March 2013.
- "U.S. drone strike kills important Taliban commander: sources". Reuters. 3 January 2013. Retrieved 2013-01-07.
- "President condoles death of Anwar Shamim". dailytimes.com.pk. 2013-01-05. Retrieved 2013-01-07.
- "Transitions: Former JI chief Qazi Hussain Ahmed passes away". tribune.com.pk. 2013-01-06. Retrieved 2013-01-07.