7-Rooms of Gloom
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013)|
|"7-Rooms of Gloom"|
|Single by Four Tops|
|from the album Reach Out|
|B-side||"I'll Turn To Stone"|
|Released||May 2, 1967|
|Recorded||Hitsville U.S.A. (Studio A); 1967|
|Four Tops singles chronology|
"7-Rooms of Gloom" is song recorded by the vocal quartet Four Tops. It was released as a single in 1967 on the Motown label and reached #14 on the Billboard Hot 100. It was also a hit in the UK, their seventh, staying for nine weeks in the UK singles charts and reaching #12 and in the Netherlands where it made #23 in the Dutch Top 40.
Described as "throbbing with dread over a racing minor key dominated arrangement" it was written by Holland–Dozier–Holland. The single's b-side was "I'll Turn to Stone" also written by Holland-Dozier-Holland with R Dean Taylor.
- Levi Stubbs - lead vocals
- Abdul "Duke" Fakir - background vocals
- Renaldo "Obie" Benson - background vocals
- Lawrence Payton - background vocals
- Jackie Hicks - background vocals
- Marlene Barrow - background vocals
- Louvain Demps - background vocals
- Funk Brothers - instrumentation
- "Four Tops - Awards". Allmusic. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "Official Charts - Four Tops". www.officialcharts.com. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "The Four Tops - 7 Rooms Of Gloom". www.top40.nl. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- Dahl, Bill. Motown The Golden Years. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "Four Tops – 7-Rooms Of Gloom / I'll Turn To Stone". Discogs. Retrieved 13 July 2013.
- "I'll Turn to Stone". Allmusic. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
|This 1960s R&B/soul music song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|