|Central business district|
Location map of Agrabad
|• Mayor||M. Manzur Alam|
|• City Mayor||Chittagong City Corporation|
|Time zone||BST (UTC+06:00)|
Agrabad (Bengali: আগ্রাবাদ) is a downtown commercial and financial district in Chittagong, Bangladesh. Located close to the city's harbour, it hosts numerous Bangladeshi and international businesses, banks, financial institutions and the Chittagong Stock Exchange. The area forms part of the Double Mooring precinct and is directly connected to the Port of Chittagong.
|This section requires expansion. (July 2013)|
The area was originally a village which was incorporated into the city in 1947. After the end of colonial rule, the modern financial district developed during the 1950s.
Many of Bangladesh's largest companies, as well as various multinational firms, have their headquarters or branches located in Agrabad. There are many private commercial banks including AB Bank Limited, Bangladesh Commerce Bank Limited, BRAC Bank Limited, The City Bank Limited, Dhaka Bank Limited, Dutch Bangla Bank Limited, Eastern Bank Limited, IFIC Bank Limited, Mercantile Bank Limited, Mutual Trust Bank Ltd., National Bank Limited, NCC Bank Limited, One Bank Limited, The Premier Bank Limited, Prime Bank Limited, Southeast Bank Limited, Standard Bank Limited, Trust Bank Limited, United Commercial Bank Ltd., Uttara Bank Limited etc.
Some Islamic commercial banks also located at Agrabad they are Islami Bank of Bangladesh Limited, Export Import Bank of Bangladesh Limited, Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited, Al-Arafah Islami Bank Limited.
Major foreign commercial banks located in Agrabad include Citibank NA, HSBC, Standard Chartered Bank, Commercial Bank of Ceylon, State Bank of India and National Bank of Pakistan.
There are many Specialized development banks are Bangladesh Krishi Bank, BASIC Bank Limited,
There are also located kinds of Non-bank financial institution, Insurance company, Telecommunication company and others multinational companies are located. Chittagong Chamber of Commerce & Industry, The World Trade Center Chittagong (WTC Chittagong) etc. commercial building located in the Agrabad Commercial Area.
- Chittagong Government Service (CGS) Colony
- Bangladesh Bank Colony
- Gazetted Officers Colony
- Health Colony
- Postal Officers Colony
- P.T.&.T Colony
- WASA Colony
Ethnological Museum of Chittagong
The Ethnological Museum of Chittagong (Bengali as জাতিতত্ত্বিক জাদুঘর) located in Agrabad, established in 1965, is the only ethnological museum in the country. It offers the visitors the chance to acquaint with the lifestyles and heritage of various ethnic groups of the country. The museum authority had collected rare elements used in everyday lives of different ethnic groups, of which some had already become extinct while some were on the verge of extinction. The museum contains four galleries and a small hall. Three galleries of the museum feature diverse elements of twenty nine ethnic groups in Bangladesh, while the rest of the gallery displays the lifestyles of some ethnic groups of India, Pakistan and Australia. The sculptures of the people of different ethnic communities and a piece of broken Berlin Wall attracts visitors, who can get impression of different festivals, livelihoods, and cultures of the communities from the murals set up at the hall room. These are reminiscent of the museum in the film Planet of the Apes. Around 200-300 people visit the museum everyday.
Karnaphuli Shishu Park
Karnaphuli Shishu Park, located in Jamburi Field. It is a nice place to visit with family members and friends. It is very near to the Bangladesh Bank Colony.
Private medical colleges
- Agrabad Balika Bidyalay
- Agrabad Government Colony High School
- Bangladesh Bank Colony High School
- Hatey Khari School & College
- Khawja Ajmeri High School
- Chottagram Ma-O-Shishu Hospital
- Agrabad Community Center
- Guljer Convention Center
Hotel & Restaurant
- Hotel Agrabad
- Landmark Hotel 
- The Heritage Restaurant
- Shangri-La Chinese Restaurant
- Orchid Business Hotel 
- Lucky Plaza
- Southland Center
- Singapore Bangkok Market
- Akhtarruzzaman Center
- "AB Bank Limited - Contacts - Branch Locations". Abbank.com.bd. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "Branch Information | Bangladesh Commerce Bank Ltd". Bcblbd.com. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "The City Bank - (Agrabad Branch), 11, Rnlay House, Chittagong | Banks | Page 101". DeshiGuide.Com. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "Mutual Trust Bank Ltd. - Agrabad Branch , Akhtaruzzaman Centre 21-22, Chittagong | Banks | Page 81". DeshiGuide.Com. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "Premier Bank Limited (Agrabad Brunch) - 91, Agrabad Commercial Area, Chittagong | Banks | Page 89". DeshiGuide.Com. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "Standard Bank Limited - Agrabad Branch, Hossen Chamber (Ground Floor), Chittagong | Banks | Page 104". DeshiGuide.Com. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "United Commercial Bank Ltd. - Agrabad Branch[AD], Kashfia Plaza (1st Floor), Chittagong | Banks | Page 112". DeshiGuide.Com. 2009-07-23. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited - Agrabad Branch, 3, CDA Sheikh Mujib Road, Agrabad, Chittagong | Banks | Page 68". DeshiGuide.Com. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "Exim Bank Ltd ( Agrabad Branch) - Mawla Chember, 6 Agrabad C/A, Chittagong, Chittagong | Banks | Page 55". DeshiGuide.Com. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "Shahjalal Islamic Bank Limited - Agrabad Branch,104, Agrabad C/A, Chittagong, Chittagong | Banks". DeshiGuide.Com. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "Bangladesh Krishi Bank - Agrabad Corporate Branch, Noor Mansion (1st Floor), Chittagong | Banks | Page 30". DeshiGuide.Com. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "Basic Bank Limited - Pine View (Ground floor), 100, Agrabad C/A, Chittagong | Banks | Page 46". DeshiGuide.Com. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "Chittagong Ethnological Museum". Bangladesh.com. Retrieved 2013-02-08.
- "Karnaphuli Shishu Park in Chittagong, Bangladesh". localyte.com. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- sMs Software (BD), Int. "Mohila College Chattagram :: Home ::". Agrabadmcollege.edu.bd. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "Commerce College". Ctgcommercecollege.gov.bd. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "Aagrabad Hotel". agrabadhotel.com. Retrieved 6 June 2013.