Air Arabia Egypt
|Founded||9 September 2009|
|Operating bases||Borg El Arab Airport (until 2013 when El Nouzha reopens)|
|Fleet size||3 (+1 orders)|
|Parent company||Air Arabia (40%)
Travco Group (50%)
Air Arabia announced at a press conference on 9 September 2009 that they will be setting up a new airline to be based in Egypt with Travco Group to boost tourism in Egypt and to expand the Air Arabia network. Travco is Egypt's largest tourism company.
The airline will have an initial capital of $20 million, increasing to $50 million over the next three years.
A joint board has been set up with all 3 stakeholder represented. Key business decisions will be made by the board, but Air Arabia are responsible for the day-to-day running of the company in addition to maintenance, engineering, catering and handling.
Travco (which owns 146 hotels, resorts and cruise ships and handles more than 1.3 million tourists annually) will provide the airline with access to its network of tour operators, help with marketing and assist with government relations.
During the Arab Air Carriers Organization conference in October 2009, Air Arabia CEO Adel Ali indicated that the new airline would operate from Alexandria and a Red Sea station (either Sharm el-Sheikh or Hurghada) as well as Cairo. "Egypt has different needs," he says, in contrast to the single bases established by Air Arabia in Sharjah and Morocco.
As of June 2013, the airline flies to the following destinations:
- Jeddah - King Abdulaziz International Airport
- Dammam - King Fahd International Airport
- Riyadh - King Khalid International Airport
The Air Arabia Egypt fleet consists of the following aircraft (at of June 2013):
|Airbus A320-214||3||1||162||Average fleet age of 1 year|
- Alexandria to be base
- Air Arabia to set up new Egyptian low-cost airline
- "Contact Info." Air Arabia. Retrieved on 21 June 2010. "Air Arabia (Egypt) Air Arabia (Egypt) Head Quarters King Marriot P.O. Box 34 Alexandria, Egypt" - Arabic: "العربية للطيران مصر المركز الرئيسي للعربية للطيران مصر كينغ ماريوت، ص. ب. 34 الاسكندرية، مصر"
- Air Arabia announced Air Arabia Egypt
- Air Arabia Egypt information
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Air Arabia Egypt.|