January 10, 1970 |
|Genres||Video game music|
|Associated acts||Yoshino Aoki|
Akari Kaida (海田明里 Kaida Akari?) (born 10 January 1974 in Hyogo Prefecture, Japan) is a video game music composer. She has composed many soundtracks for Capcom games, including multiple in the Mega Man series. She's occasionally credited as Akari Groves, taking the surname of her husband.
Kaida was a jazz piano major in college, spending her first year at the Osaka College of Music before joining Capcom in 1994. She became a freelance composer in 2005, but still continued to work on various Capcom projects, most recently becoming part of the Inti Creates sound team for Mega Man games.
- Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge (1995) - with Takayuki Iwai and Hideki Okugawa
- Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness (1995) - with Takayuki Iwai, Masato Kouda, and Naoaki Iwami
- Street Fighter Alpha (Console versions) (1995) - arrangements
- Resident Evil (1996) - Data conversion only
- Breath of Fire III (1997) - with Yoshino Aoki
- Mega Man & Bass (1998) - with Kirikiri-Chan and Naoshi Mizuta
- Trick'N Snowboarder (1999) - with Masami Ueda
- Dino Crisis (1999) - "Abandoned Hope"
- Mega Man Battle Network (2001)
- Onimusha 3: Demon Siege (2004) - with Masamichi Amano, Hideki Okugawa, and Kouta Suzuki
- Rockman EXE 4.5 Real Operation (2004) - with Toshihiko Horiyama
- Mega Man Battle Network 5 (2004)
- Ōkami (2006) - with Masami Ueda, Hiroshi Yamaguchi, and Rei Kondoh
- Luminous Arc (2007) - with Yasunori Mitsuda, Kazumi Mitome, and Shota Kageyama
- Luminous Arc 2 (2008) - with Yoko Shimomura, Yoshino Aoki, and Shunsuke Tsuchiya
- Mega Man Star Force 3 (2008) - with Yoshino Aoki
- Rockman EXE: Operate Shooting Star (2009) - with Yoshino Aoki and Marika Suzuki
- Mega Man 10 (2010) - "King of Blades (Blade Man Stage)"
- Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side: 3rd Story (2010) - with various others
- New LovePlus (2012) - with various others
- jeriaska (November 30, 2008). "GameSetInterview: 'Bleep To Gold - Remixing The Mega Man 9 Soundtrack'". GameSetWatch. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- Napolitano, Jason (November 20, 2008). "Audio Strategery of Luminous Arc 2: Interview With Yasunori Mitsuda and Akari Kaida". Original Sound Version. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- Akari Kaida's homepage[dead link]
- Artist profile at OverClocked ReMix
- Akari Kaida discography at MusicBrainz
|This article about a video game musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|