Akari Kaida (海田明里 Kaida Akari ) (born 10 January 1974 in Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan) is a video game music composer. She has composed musical scores for Capcom games including Resident Evil, Dino Crisis and Ōkami. is occasionally credited as Akari Groves, taking the last name of her husband.
Kaida was a jazz piano major in college, spending her first year at the Osaka College of Music before joining Capcom in 1994. She became a freelance composer in 2005, but still continued to work on various Capcom projects, most recently becoming part of the Inti Creates sound team for Mega Man games.
- Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness
- Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge
- Resident Evil (Data Conversion)
- Breath of Fire III
- Trick'N Snowboarder
- Mega Man & Bass
- Dino Crisis
- Mega Man Battle Network
- Mega Man Battle Network 5
- Onimusha 3: Demon Siege
- Mega Man ZX Advent
- Luminous Arc
- Luminous Arc 2
- Rockman 9 Arrange Soundtrack
- Mega Man 10
- Mega Man Star Force 3
- Walk It Out
- Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side
- Tongari Boushi to Mahou no Omise
- KE-TSU-I kizunajigokutachi [ARRANGE ALBUM]
- dodonpachi DAI-OU-JOU [arrange album]
- Chiptuned Rockman
- Mushihimesama Double Arrange Album
- Guwange Arrange Album + Original Soundtrack
- jeriaska (November 30, 2008). "GameSetInterview: 'Bleep To Gold - Remixing The Mega Man 9 Soundtrack'". GameSetWatch. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- Napolitano, Jason (November 20, 2008). "Audio Strategery of Luminous Arc 2: Interview With Yasunori Mitsuda and Akari Kaida". Original Sound Version. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- Akari Kaida's homepage[dead link]
- Artist profile at OverClocked ReMix
- Akari Kaida discography at MusicBrainz
|This article about a video game musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|