23 January 1989 |
Pearson joined a theatre group, located in Bristol, at just three years old. Throughout her youth she starred in various plays with both her drama group and at school.
In 1998 she made her television debut in Casualty, however she made her big break in acting starring as Michelle Richardson in the British drama Skins. She was cast after casting directors held auditions at her school and her drama teacher suggested she go. Pearson appeared in the first two series of the successful E4 show, but like the rest of the "original" cast members, was written out of the following series in order to introduce a new generation of characters to the show. In addition to her appearances on the show's two series, Pearson can also be seen acting as her character in various segments located on the show's official website.
In 2008 Pearson once again appeared in Casualty as a teenager called Karen, followed by her film debut in Tormented (2009) alongside her Skins co-star Larissa Wilson, in which Pearson plays a sadistic schoolgirl. The film went on to receive mostly positive reviews from critics for which Total Film dubbed it as "A slasher for the Skins generation".
Pearson returned to theatre starring in the Bristol Old Vic production "Suspension" in spring of 2009, and in autumn that year as a kidnapped teenager called Callie in New End Theatre's "Negative Space".
|2007–2008||Skins||Michelle Richardson||Series 1-2|
|2008||Casualty||Karen Shevlin||1 episode|
|2009||Tormented||Natasha Cummings (Tasha)||Released 22 May 2009|
|2011||Casualty||Grace Fitch||1 episode|
|2013||Casualty||Amy Godley||1 episode|
- Births, Marriages & Deaths Index of England & Wales, 1984-2004. Gives name at birth as "April Janet Pearson".
- Goodhart, Benjie (2007-01-14). "The National Student Magazine - TV". Archived from the original on 2007-02-11. Retrieved 2011-03-05.
- "Tormented review". TotalFilm.com. 2009-04-14. Retrieved 2011-03-05.
- April Pearson at the Internet Movie Database
- April Pearson Interview at The National Student Magazine