||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011)|
Arianne Phillips (born December 26, 1963 in New York City) is an American costume designer. Despite her long career in film, she is best known as Madonna's stylist and has designed and styled her last five concert tours. She has worked with Lenny Kravitz, Courtney Love, No Doubt and Justin Timberlake. She has received two Oscar nominations for Walk the Line and W.E., and a BAFTA nomination for A Single Man. She also received a Costume Designer's Guild award for her work on W.E.. In 2014 she was nominated for a Tony Award in the category Best Costume Design for a Play, for her work on the Broadway play Hedwig and the Angry Inch, starring Neil Patrick Harris.
Early life and career
Phillips was raised in Northern California and began making fashion sketches as a child. She relocated to New York in the early 1980s where she began working as an assistant stylist. She was initially recognized for helping to style Lenny Kravitz for his debut album "Let Love Rule."
- Kingsman: The Secret Service (2015)
- W.E. (2012)
- Knight and Day (2010)
- A Single Man (2009)
- 3:10 to Yuma (2007)
- Walk the Line (2005)
- Identity (2003)
- Swept Away (2002)
- One Hour Photo (2002)
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch (2001)
- Girl, Interrupted (1999)
- The Mod Squad (1999)
- The Replacement Killers (1998)
- Best Men (1997)
- Going All the Way (1997)
- The People vs. Larry Flynt (1996)
- Duke of Groove (1996) (TV)
- Tank Girl (1995)
- The Last Supper
- The Crow (1994)
- Attack of the 50 Ft. Woman (1993)
- The Last Supper (1993)
- Pyrates (1991)
- Bail Jumper (1990)
- Cosgrave, Bronwyn (2006-12-15). Made for each other: fashion and the Academy Awards. Bloomsbury Publishing USA. pp. 213–. ISBN 978-1-59691-087-4. Retrieved 30 May 2011.
- Schneier, Matthew (16 April 2014). "From Madonna to Hedwig, Dressing the Divas of Rock". New York Times. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- Abraham, Tamara (22 February 2012). "W.E.'s Oscar-nominated costume designer on working with Madonna - and why Cartier wants to destroy her replicas of Wallis Simpson's jewellery". Daily Mail. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- Dodes, Rachel (10 December 2011). "20 Odd Questions Costumer Arianne Phillips". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 22 February 2015.