The Mod Squad (film)
|The Mod Squad|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Scott Silver|
|Produced by||Alan Riche
|Written by||Stephen Kay
|Release date(s)||March 26, 1999|
|Running time||92 minutes|
|Box office||$15,419,304 |
Julie (Claire Danes), Peter (Giovanni Ribisi) and Lincoln (Omar Epps) are three minor delinquents who choose to become undercover cops in place of serving their jail terms. When their superior Capt. Adam Greer (Dennis Farina) is murdered, the trio set out to find the real culprits.
- Claire Danes as Julie
- Giovanni Ribisi as Pete
- Omar Epps as Linc
- Dennis Farina as Capt. Adam Greer
- Josh Brolin as Billy
- Steve Harris as Briggs
- Richard Jenkins as Bob Mothersed
- Larry Brandenburg as Eckford
- Lionel Mark Smith as Lanier
- Sam McMurray as Tricky
- Michael O'Neill as Greene
- Stephen Kay as Bald Dude
- Bodhi Elfman as Gilbert - Skinny Freak
- Holmes Osborne as Mr. Cochrane
- Dey Young as Mrs. Cochrane
- Eddie Griffin as Sonny
The Mod Squad has received negative reviews by critics. Rotten Tomatoes reported that 4% of critics had given the film positive reviews, based upon a sample of 51. At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the film has received an average score of 16, based on 21 reviews. The film was nominated for one Razzie Award, Worst Screenplay. It was also a huge failure at the box office, grossing only $15.4 million out of its $50 million budget.
- "The Mod Squad (1999)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 23 August 2011.
- "The Mod Squad". The Numbers. Retrieved 23 August 2011.
- "The Mod Squad (1999): Reviews". Metacritic. CNET Networks, Inc. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- "The Mod Squad Movie Reviews, Pictures". Rotten Tomatoes. IGN Entertainment, Inc. Retrieved 2011-02-26.