B.M.S. College of Engineering
|BMS College of Engineering|
|Principal||DR. MALLIKHARJUNA BABU K|
|Location||Bangalore, Karnataka, India
|Campus||15 acres (61,000 m2)|
BMS College of Engineering is an autonomous engineering college in Bangalore, India. The engineering college, started in 1946 by BM Sreenivasiah, was one of the first private sector initiatives in technical education in India and is run by the BMS Educational Trust today. It is located on the Basavangudi Area Bull Temple Road, opposite to the famous Bull Temple. Though a private engineering college, it is partially funded by the Government of Karnataka.
BMSCE has the largest student population among the engineering colleges in Karnataka, drawing students from other states of India and abroad. One of the oldest engineering colleges in Karnataka, it celebrated its "Diamond Jubilee" in 2006. It is also known for the annual inter-collegiate Techno-Cultural festival UTSAV, one of the prominent student-managed festivals in the country.BMSCE has also been the university champions under VTU for the most number of times by any college under the University . In 2011 in university examination it topped with 32 Ranks 
In the history of Karnataka, the name of late Sri Bhusanayana Mukundadas Sreenivasaiah (BMS) occupies a prominent place in the field of philanthropy. The Maharaja of Mysore honored him with the title of Raja Karya Prasaktha in 1946, when he opened the college. He had foreseen the urgent need for high quality technical education in India even before its independence. The ideals for which Sri B.M. Sreenivasaiah stood continue to inspire the inheritors of his legacy
After the death of Sri Sreenivasaiah, his son Sri B.S. Narayan took over the reigns of the college. Under his guidance the institution grew. He was also instrumental in initiating International Collaborative programmes such as cross-cultural programmes with the Melton Foundation and training foreign students under International Co-operation Division (ICD). Governments of Tanzania, Malawi, Botswana, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Rwanda and others regularly sponsor their students to study at BMS Institutions.
After the death of Sri B. S. Narayan in 1995, the government of Karnataka entrusted the reigns of B.M.S. Educational Trust to a new managing body consisting of a Chairman, Member Secretary and three trustees of repute in the fields of Judiciary (Chairman), Administration (Member Secretary, IAS cadre) and Education (Former Vice Chancellor, Director of Technical Education etc..
The graduate school offers masters degrees and research degrees in most branches of engineering, computer applications, and business administration.
BMS R&D Center involves developing projects in different areas to get external funds as well as to publish the results in National and International Journals of repute with a view to get the attention of national and international academic, research and other concerned organizations for mutually beneficial future collaborations. Dr. Martin Jebraj is the head of BMS R&D center.
The Vision of the R&D Center will be “To promote and nurture excellence in Science and Services to the customers enabling BMSCE to emerge as the first choice of the users of its R&D outputs”.
Departments and Courses
These departments offer four year undergraduate courses in engineering. All of the undergraduate courses have been conferred autonomous status by the Visvesvaraya Technological University.
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science And Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical And Electronics Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Information Science Engineering
- Instrumentation Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Electronics
- Telecommunication Engineering
- M.Tech in Computer Network Engineering
- M.Tech in Electronics
- M.Tech in Digital Communication
- M.Tech in Transportation Engineering and Management
- M.Tech in Environmental Engineering
- M.Tech in Construction Technology
- M.Tech in Machine Design
- M.Tech in Power Electronics
- M.Arch in Habitat Design
- M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
- Master of Computer Applications
Students of the college has involved in many activities apart of studies in every part of life. There are different student bodies established by the college and departments to nurture their extra curricular activities.
- Balanchine aguieh uiai HTTP
- E^3 - Empower Evolve Emerge
- Bullzeye - The BMSCE Newsletter
- LUG (Linux User Group)
- Kannada Sangha
- Mountaineering Club
- Melton Foundation
- Microsoft Student Club
- Pentagram-The Mathematics Society of BMSCE
- Chelakara S. Subramanian: Assoc Professor, Program Chair, Mechanical and Aerospace Eng, Florida Institute of Technology
- Vasant Honavar: Professor, Computer Science, Iowa State University
- Vanathi Gopalakrishnan: Ph.D, Associate Professor, Biomedical Informatics, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh
- H. V. Krishna Swamy: Consultant to World Bank at Washington, DC., ESCAP at Bangkok, UNIDO at Vienna, UNICEF at New Delhi
- Niti Bhan: Director, Graduate Recruiting at Institute of Design, IIT, also Principal at Bhan LLC.
- Nikhil Chinapa: MTV VJ and Entertainer.
- Suresh Prahlad : Co-founder of Manhattan Associates
|Best engineering colleges in India – 2010||25|
|India Today Best Engineering colleges in India −2009||24|
|Data Quest Top Engineering Colleges 2010||18|
|Outlook top 50 private colleges in India||18|
|Livemint top 30 private colleges in India||16|
|Outlook top 75 colleges in India||54|