||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (July 2011)|
|Developer(s)||Jetico Inc, Oy|
|Stable release||9.01.2 / 2015-01-07|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, Linux 2.4+, Mac OS X, MS-DOS, Android|
|Type||Disk encryption software|
BestCrypt is a commercial disk encryption program for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, developed by Jetico. It is a software suite that provides container encryption and partition encryption as well some additional encryption methods and complimentary data erasure utility BCWipe.
BestCrypt supports a wide variety of block cipher algorithms including AES, Serpent, Blowfish, Twofish, DES, Triple DES, GOST 28147-89. All ciphers support CBC and LRW modes of operation while AES, Twofish and GOST also support XTS mode.
- Create and mount a virtual drive encrypted using AES, Blowfish, Twofish, CAST-128 and various other encryption methods. BestCrypt v.8 can alternatively mount a subfolder on a NTFS disk instead of a drive. Encrypted virtual disk images are compatible across Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
- Encrypt a set of files into a single, self-extracting archive.
- Transparently encrypt entire partitions or volumes together with pre-boot authentication for encrypted boot partitions.
- Two-factor authentication.
- Hardware accelerated encryption.
- Anti-keylogging facilities to protect container and volume passwords.
- Data erasure utility BCWipe to erase unprotected copies of data to compliment encryption.
- Secret sharing and Public Key authentication methods in addition to basic password-based authentication.