Bette Midler is the eponymous second studio album by American female vocalist Bette Midler, released in 1973 on the Atlantic Records label.
The album, produced by Arif Mardin and Barry Manilow, includes Midler's interpretations of Johnny Mercer and Hoagy Carmichael's "Skylark", Berthold Brecht and Kurt Weill's "Surabaya Johnny", Bob Dylan's "I Shall Be Released" and Glenn Miller's "In the Mood" as well as a Phil Spector medley.
Bette Midler reached #6 on the US albums chart and was later awarded a Gold Disc by the RIAA.
The album was digitally remastered and reissued on CD by Atlantic Records/Warner Music in 1995 but with no bonus tracks.
- "Skylark" (Hoagy Carmichael, Johnny Mercer) - 3:02
- "Drinking Again" (Johnny Mercer, Doris Tauber) - 2:48
- "Breaking Up Somebody's Home" (Al Jackson, Jr., Timothy Matthews) - 3:49
- "Surabaya Johnny" (Bertolt Brecht, Herbert Hartig, Kurt Weill) - 4:54
- "I Shall Be Released" (Bob Dylan) - 4:56
- "Optimistic Voices"/"Lullaby of Broadway" (Harold Arlen, Al Dubin, Leo Feist, E.Y. Harburg, Herbert Stothart, Harry Warren) - 2:27
- "In the Mood" (Joe Garland, Andy Razaf) - 2:39
- "Uptown"/"Don't Say Nothin' Bad (About My Baby)"/"Da Doo Ron Ron" (Jeff Barry, Gerry Goffin, Ellie Greenwich, Carole King, Barry Mann, Mother Bertha, Phil Spector, Cynthia Weil) - 3:23
- "Twisted" (Wardell Gray, Annie Ross) - 2:25
- "(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher" (Chevis, Gary Jackson, Raynard Miner, Carl Smith) - 4:06
- Arif Mardin - producer
- Barry Manilow - producer
- Gene Paul - recording engineer
- Lew Hahn - recording engineer
- Jimmy Douglas - recording engineer for additional recordings
- Robbert Warner - recording engineer for additional recordings
- Elliot Sheiner - recording engineer for additional recordings
- Buzz Richmond - recording engineer for additional recordings
- Scott Schreckengosf - recording engineer for additional recordings
- George Piros - mastering
- Dennis King - mastering
- Richard Amsel - cover art
- Lee Gurst - backliner photo
- Loring Eutemey - album design
- Recorded at Atlantic Recording Studios, New York, N.Y.
- Additional recordings at A & R Studios, New York, N.Y.; Atlantic Recording Studios, New York, N.Y. & Kaye / Smith Studios, Seattle, Washington
- Re-mixed by: Lew Hahn & Arif Mardin