Bitter Suites to Succubi
|Bitter Suites to Succubi|
Cover art by John Coulthart
|EP by Cradle of Filth|
|Released||22 May 2001|
|Recorded||New Rising Studios, Peldon, England, February–April 2001|
|Cradle of Filth chronology|
|Chronicles of Chaos||7.5/10|
Bitter Suites to Succubi is an EP by English extreme metal band Cradle of Filth. It was released on 22 May 2001, through the band's own Abracadaver label. This would be the last studio release to feature guitarist Gian Pyres and long-term bassist Robin Eaglestone.
According to frontman Dani Filth, Bitter Suites to Succubi is a "transitional mini album; essentially an EP", bridging the gap between Midian and Damnation and a Day while the band negotiated their label change from Music for Nations to Sony Records. It features six new compositions (two of which are instrumentals), but is bolstered to album-length with three reworkings of songs from The Principle of Evil Made Flesh ("The Principle of Evil Made Flesh", "Summer Dying Fast" and "The Black Goddess Rises") and a cover of The Sisters of Mercy's "No Time to Cry". It was the band's first release on their own Abracadaver label.
Uniquely in the band's canon, it features exactly the same band members as the previous album.
The special edition's track listing misspells "Scorched Earth Erotica" as "Scorched Earth Erotics". Early copies of the CD subtitled "The Black Goddess Rises II" with "Ebon Nemesis".
All lyrics written by Dani Filth, all music composed by Cradle of Filth (Filth, Gian Pyres, Paul Allender, Robin Eaglestone, Martin Powell, Adrian Erlandsson), except "No Time to Cry" written by Andrew Eldritch, Wayne Hussey, Craig Adams and Gary Marx.
|1.||"Sin Deep My Wicked Angel"||2:23|
|2.||"All Hope in Eclipse"||6:39|
|3.||"Born in a Burial Gown"||4:46|
|4.||"Summer Dying Fast"||5:21|
|5.||"No Time to Cry" (The Sisters of Mercy cover)||3:22|
|6.||"The Principle of Evil Made Flesh"||4:49|
|7.||"Suicide and Other Comforts"||6:57|
|8.||"Dinner at Deviant's Palace"||2:59|
|9.||"The Black Goddess Rises II"||7:22|
|10.||"Scorched Earth Erotica"||4:56|
Cradle of Filth
- Dani Filth – vocals
- Gian Pyres – guitar
- Paul Allender – guitar
- Robin Eaglestone – bass
- Martin Powell – keyboards
- Adrian Erlandsson – drums
- Sarah Jezebel Deva – female vocals
- Kian Rulten-Allender – voice
- Libitina Grimm – cello
- Doug Cook - producer, engineer, mxing
- Ray Staff - mastering
|2001||Top Independent Albums (USA)||11|
|Finnish Albums Chart||17|
|Heatseekers Albums (USA)||18|
|Austrian Albums Chart||36|
|German Albums Chart||45|
|UK Albums Chart||63|
|GfK Dutch Chart||73|
|French Albums Chart||89|
- Serba, John. "Bitter Suites to Succubi - Cradle of Filth : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards : AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 12 August 2012.
- Noll, Matthias (8 December 2001). "CoC : Cradle of Filth - Bitter Suites to Succubi : Review". Chronicles of Chaos. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- Palmerston, Sean (August 2001). "Cradle of Filth - Bitter Suites To Succubi • Metal Reviews • exclaim.ca". exclaim.ca. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- Filth, Dani. Heavy, Left-Handed and Candid.
- "Bitter Suites to Succubi Billboard Albums". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2014-04-26.
- "Cradle of Filth - Bitter Suites to Succubi (album)". Finnishcharts.com. Media Control Charts. Retrieved 2014-04-26.
- "title = Cradle of Filth - Bitter Suites to Succubi (album)". Austriancharts.at (in German). Media Control Charts. Retrieved 2014-04-26.
- "Album – Cradle of Filth, Bitter Suites to Succubi". Charts.de (in German). Media Control Charts. Retrieved 2014-04-26.
- "Artist Chart History - Cradle of Filth". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2014-04-26.
- "title = Cradle of Filth - Bitter Suites to Succubi (album)". GfK Dutch Charts (in Dutch). Media Control Charts. Retrieved 2014-04-26.
- "title = Cradle of Filth - Bitter Suites to Succubi (album)". Lescharts.com (in French). Media Control Charts. Retrieved 2014-04-26.