Blue Hills Bank Pavilion
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Former names||Harbor Lights Pavilion
Bank of America Pavilion
The amphitheater has gone though many name changes over the years, namely due to the name changes and merging of its sponsoring bank.
- Harbor Lights Pavilion or simply Harbor Lights was the original name.
- Bank of Boston Pavilion. The venue became associated with this bank. In the years that followed, this bank would merge and rename with other banks, and the name of the venue changed accordingly.
- BankBoston Pavilion. When Bank of Boston and Baybank merged in 1996 to form BankBoston, the pavilion likewise changed its name to the BankBoston Pavilion.
- FleetBoston Pavilion. In 1999, Live Nation purchased the venue and sold the naming rights to FleetBoston Financial, renaming the venue FleetBoston Pavilion.
- Fleet Pavilion. In 2000, FleetBoston acquired New Jersey-based Summit Bancorp and sold many of its New England branches to Sovereign Bank, the remaining known as "Fleet".
- Bank of America Pavilion. In 2004 FleetBoston merged with Bank of America and the pavilion was then renamed to Bank of America Pavilion.
- Blue Hills Bank Pavilion. Beginning January 1, 2014, Blue Hills Bank won the naming rights for the venue for a period of just under 10 years.
|This article related to a building or structure in Boston, Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|