Jordan in the 2012 NFL season.
|No. 94 New Orleans Saints|
|Date of birth:||July 10, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Minneapolis, Minnesota|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||287 lb (130 kg)|
|High school:||Chandler (AZ)|
|NFL draft:||2011 / Round: 1 / Pick: 24|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2014
|Stats at NFL.com|
Cameron Tyler Jordan (born July 10, 1989) is an American football defensive end for the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League. He was selected by the Saints with the 24th pick in the first round of the 2011 NFL Draft. Jordan was considered one of the top defensive lineman prospects for the 2011 Draft. The son of former Minnesota Vikings tight end Steve Jordan, he played college football at California.
High school career
Jordan attended Chandler High School in Chandler, Arizona, where he was a two-sport star in football and track for the Chandler Wolves. In football, he earned All-State honors his senior year after registering 85 tackles and 17.5 quarterback sacks. Regarded as a three-star recruit by Rivals.com, Jordan was listed as the #37 strongside defensive end of the class of 2007.
Also an outstanding track & field athlete, Jordan was one of the state's top performers in the discus throw. He captured the state title in the discus at the 2007 5A I State Meet, recording a top-throw of 53.54 meters (175 ft 7 in), while also placing 10th in the shot put event, with a throw of 14.01 meters (45 ft, 11 in).
Jordan primarily played defensive end for the University of California at Berkeley. He was coached by head coach Jeff Tedford and Defensive coordinator, Bob Gregory. He played in 50 of 51 possible games and made 32 starts at Cal from 2007-10. Jordan achieved honorable mention All-American (Pro Football Weekly) and first-team All-Pac-10 choice as a senior in 2010 after two consecutive honorable mention All-Pac-10 campaigns in 2008 and 2009. He finished his collegiate career with 175 tackles, while adding 34.0 tackles for loss (-122 yards) and 16.5 sacks (-89 yards) to rank just outside the school's all-time top 10 in each of the latter two categories He also had one interception that he returned for three yards, five pass breakups, four forced fumbles and five fumble recoveries that he returned for a total of 41 yards and two touchdowns.
2011 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 4⅛ in||287 lb||35 in||11⅛ in||4.74 s||1.64 s||2.72 s||4.37 s||7.07 s||31 in||9 ft 9 in||25 reps||x|
|All values from NFL Combine|
New Orleans Saints
On August 2, 2011, Jordan signed a four year, $7.7 million deal with the Saints.
Jordan enjoyed a breakout campaign in the 2013 season and was selected to his first Pro Bowl.
|Year||Team||GP||COMB||TOTAL||AST||SACK||FF||FR||FR YDS||INT||IR YDS||AVG IR||LNG||TD||PD|
- GP: games played
- COMB: combined tackles
- TOTAL: total tackles
- AST: assisted tackles
- SACK: sacks
- FF: forced fumbles
- FR: fumble recoveries
- FR YDS: fumble return yards
- INT: interceptions
- IR YDS: interception return yards
- AVG IR: average interception return
- LNG: longest interception return
- TD: interceptions returned for touchdown
- PD: passes defensed
- NFL draft scout
- "Strongside defensive ends 2007". Rivals.com. January 26, 2007.
- "Cal Bears Profile=calbears.com". August 4, 2011.
- http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/J.J.-Watt?id=2495488#tabs:tab-overview Watt NFL Combine
- Duncan, Jeff (April 29, 2011). "New Orleans Saints hit daily double with Mark Ingram, Cameron Jordan". The Times-Picayune (New Orleans). Retrieved April 29, 2011.
- Reid, John (August 2, 2011). "Cameron Jordan has signed with the New Orleans Saints". The Times-Picayune (New Orleans). Retrieved August 2, 2011.
- "Cameron Jordan Stats". ESPN. ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- Cal's Cameron Jordan works to play at next level
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • Pro-Football-Reference
- California Golden Bears bio
- New Orleans Saints bio