Carranglan, Nueva Ecija
Map of Nueva Ecija showing the location of Carranglan
|Region||Central Luzon (Region III)|
|• Mayor||Mary Baldevarona Abad|
|• Total||705.31 km2 (272.32 sq mi)|
|• Density||53/km2 (140/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Income class||1st class; rural|
Carranglan is a first class municipality in the province of Nueva Ecija, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it had a population of 37,124 people. It is the province's largest municipality in terms of land area.
Carranglan Mayor Restituto Abad was killed in an ambush in Guimba on February 6, 2012.
Carranglan is politically subdivided into 17 barangays.
- R.A. Padilla (Baluarte)
- Joson (Digdig)
- General Luna
- San Agustin
- T. L. Padilla Pob. (Bgy. I)
- F. C. Otic Pob. (Bgy. II)
- D. L. Maglanoc Pob. (Bgy.III)
- G. S. Rosario Pob. (Bgy. IV)
|Population census of Carranglan|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- Saint Nicolas of Tolentine Parish Church of Carranglan
- Carranglan Central School
- Carranglan Municipal Hall
Notable people of Carranglan
- Liza Soberano - Hope Elizabeth Soberano (formerly known by the screen name Hope Soberano), a young Filipina American model and actress, is a contract artist of ABS-CBN and Star Magic. Her great grandparents Isabel Jacinto Arevalo and Olympia Soberano Padilla were from Gapan and from Carranglan.
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 11 September 2013. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- "Province: Nueva Ecija". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- Camille C. Nagano (11 February 2012). "Carangglan Mayor dies after ambush". Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Information Agency. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carranglan, Nueva Ecija.|
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
||San Nicolas, Pangasinan||Santa Fe / Aritao, Nueva Vizcaya|
San Quintin, Pangasinan
|Dupax del Sur, Nueva Vizcaya|