San Nicolas, Pangasinan
San Nicolas Town Hall
Map of Pangasinan showing the location of San Nicolas
|Region||Ilocos (Region I)|
|District||6th district of Pangasinan|
|• Mayor||Rebecca Mejica Saldivar|
|• Total||210.20 km2 (81.16 sq mi)|
|• Density||160/km2 (420/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Income class||1st class; rural|
- Poblacion East
- Poblacion West
- San Felipe East
- San Felipe West
- San Isidro (Sta. Cruzan)
- San Jose
- San Rafael Centro
- San Rafael East
- San Rafael West
- San Roque
- Santa Maria East
- Santa Maria West
- Santo Tomas
According to the 2007 census, San Nicloas had a population of 33,419 people in 6,533 households. Its population increased to 34,108 in the 2010 census.
|Population Census of San Nicolas|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
The Municipality of San Nicolas now is headed by Mayor Leoncio S. Saldivar III and Vice-Mayor Raymond Prestoza. They are supported by councilors Alvin Bravo,Leomar Saldivar, Jose Serquina Jr, Marlyn Ferrer, Filipina Lampa, Maciste Ortiguero and Jack Serquina.
Places of interest
San Nicolas is a place with many waterfalls from the Caraballo Mountain Range and a number of rivers that serve as a picnic ground for vacationers during holidays and summertime.
Lipit falls are located in Barangay Sta. Maria East. It is an hour trail from the Red Arrow Monument along Cabalitian River. Best time to visit the place is during the summertime but it is also safe to go their during rainy seasons.
Agpay falls is in Barangay San Felipe East. During the '70s up to the '80s it is actually one of the best natural tourist spots in eastern Pangasinan.
Other waterfalls of interest include: Pinsal falls 1, 2 and 3, located in Sitio Nagsimbaoaan in Barangay Cacabugaoan; Mambolo falls, located at Brgy. Salpad and Pinsal Bensican in brgy. Bensican; and Baracbac falls are located in Barangay Fianza just north of Sitio Puyao.
The Best asset of San Nicolas is its Water Supply. Its clear and fresh from the mountains surrounding the town. Abundant water is the key to its farming community. But now water supposedly going to farms are diverted. Some part of San Nicolas is greatly affected by this act.
Mejias Resort is located at town proper of San Nicolas. It has a wide space for picnic area and reception hall for kinds of parties and events.They are accepting decorating services and catering for all kinds of special events, including the concept and design, planning, day of coordination, and much more. They have also swimming pools for adults and children.
Krystala de Corazon is located at Barangay Calaocan, San Nicolas.
Esperanza's Garden is located at Barangay Cabitnongan, San Nicolas.
Cabalisian River - crystal clear water located at Brgy. Sta. Maria.
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 7 September 2013.
- "Province: PANGASINAN". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "Province of Pangasinan". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to San Nicolas, Pangasinan.|
- MySannicolas : Ang Tambayan ng Sannicolanians
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|San Manuel||Santa Fe, Nueva Vizcaya|
|Tayug / Natividad||Carranglan, Nueva Ecija|