Map of Sorsogon with Castilla highlighted
|Region||Bicol (Region V)|
|Legislative district||1st district of Sorsogon|
|• Mayor||Olivia M. Bermillo|
|• Total||186.20 km2 (71.89 sq mi)|
|• Density||280/km2 (740/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Castilla is a third class municipality in the province of Sorsogon, on the Bicol Peninsula of Luzon island, Philippines. According to the 2010 Philippine census, it has a population of 52,903 inhabitants.
- Bagong Sirang
- La Union
- Monte Carmelo
- San Isidro
- San Rafael
- San Roque
- San Vicente
|Population census of Castilla|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Majority of the males (62.02%) falling under working age population were employed while only a little over 10% of the females were employed. Out of the municipality’s labor force, majority (52.54%) were not economically active who were either too old, sick, or still at school age. Overall, the total employment rate in Castilla was only 40.95% while unemployment was recorded at 6.50%. This is expected considering that there is inadequate employment opportunity in the municipality.
Total dependency ratio in Castilla was computed at 86.57%, which indicates more mouths to feed for those with gainful employment. Young dependency ratio was computed at 79.97% while old dependency ratio was 6.60%.
Farming and fishing are the main employment opportunities but are characteristically seasoned in nature. Castilla has 13 coastal barangays, which depend on fishing as the main economic activity.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "Province: Sorsogon". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "Province of Sorsogon". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
||Legazpi, Albay||Manito, Albay|