Central Academy of Drama
||This college or university article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia guidelines for college and university articles. (June 2008)|
|Central Academy of Drama|
|Location||Beijing, People's Republic of China|
|Nickname||Central Drama Academy
Central Drama College
|Central Academy of Drama|
The Central Academy of Drama (Chinese: 中央戏剧学院; pinyin: Zhōngyāng Xìjù Xuéyuàn, or Central Drama Academy, Central Drama College, Its abbreviation is Zhong Xi which is literally "Central Drama") is a drama school in Beijing, China.    
It is located on 39 East Mianhua Lane, Dongcheng District of Beijing.
The academy was established in April 1950, with Ouyang Yuqian as its first president. It was named by Mao Zedong. It inherited the drama department of Lu Xun Art Academy in Yan'an, art school of North China University, and National Drama College in Nanjing. Many famous Chinese actors, actresses, and directors graduated from the Academy, such as Zhang Ziyi, Jiang Wen, Gong Li. It is regarded as one of the three most prestigious drama schools in China, together with Beijing Film Academy and Shanghai Theater Academy.
The Central Academy of Drama is a central subordinate university. It is also an art college directly under the Ministry of Education. It is the highest institution of education in dramatic art, the world's leading art institutions. In Chinese drama, visual arts teaching and research center. The Asian Theater Education Centre ( ATEC) is locating there. The Central Academy of Drama has engaged in the practice of drama and the visual arts for more than 50 years. In China, The Central Academy of Drama is a bastion of experimental theater drama.
Note that class year indicates the entrance year, not graduating year.
- Class of 1974: Chen Baoguo
- Class of 1978: Bao Guo'an, Li Baotian
- Class of 1979: Chen Daoming
- Class of 1980: Jiang Wen, Lu Liping
- Class of 1984: Wu Xiubo
- Class of 1985: Gong Li, Zhao Liang, Jia Hongsheng
- Class of 1986: Zhang Yibai, Chen Zhihui
- Class of 1987: Hu Jun, Xu Fan
- Class of 1988: Guo Tao, Zhang Yang, Xiubo Wu
- Class of 1989: Tao Hong (actress, born 1969)
- Class of 1990: Li Yapeng
- Class of 1993: Yilin Zhong
- Class of 1994: Tao Hong (actress, born 1972), Gong Beibi
- Class of 1995: Xia Yu, Sun Honglei, Zhang Lei
- Class of 1996: Zhang Ziyi, Liu Ye, Qin Hao, Mei Ting, Yuan Quan
- Class of 1997: Chen Hao, Wu Yue, Zhang Jingchu, Wu Yue
- Class of 1998: Deng Chao, Zhu Yuchen
- Class of 2000: Tang Wei
- Class of 2002: Wen Zhang, Bai Baihe, Tiffany Tang
- Class of 2003: Zhang Han
- Class of 2005: Chen Xiao, Lin Peng
- "Central Academy of Drama". csc.edu.cn. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "The Central Academy Of Drama". inchina.cc. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "The Central Academy of Drama". web.zhongxi.cn. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "The Central Academy of Drama". cgeschina.com. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "Central Academy of Drama". university-directory.eu. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- (Chinese) Central Academy of Drama official site (or http://220.127.116.11/ when connection problems)