Central Kitsap High School
|Central Kitsap High School|
|Established||1924 (as Silverdale High School)|
|Students||1,264 (May 2011)|
|Location||3700 Anderson Hill Road,
Silverdale, Washington, USA
|District||Central Kitsap School District|
|Colors||Orange & Black|
|Website||Central Kitsap H.S.|
Central Kitsap High School is a secondary school located in Silverdale, Washington. It is one of six secondary schools in the Central Kitsap School District. CKHS educates grades 10-12. It is a closed campus. CKHS is ranked in the top 2% of the nation academically.
In the 2010-2011 school year, 51% of the students at CKHS are male and 49% of the students are female, 0.6% are Native American, 8.8% are Asian, 0.8% are Pacific Islander, 9.5% are Hispanic, 3.3% are Black, and 64.3% are White.
The teacher-to-student ratio is 1:20. There are 498 sophomores, 454 juniors, and 402 seniors. In 2012, Central Kitsap High School was named in the top 9% of high schools in America by US News, academically, in math and reading.
- Mike Herrera, vocalist and bass guitarist for the band MxPx
- Todd Linden, former MLB outfielder for the San Francisco Giants
- Drew Vettleson, Number 10 ranked top prospect for the Tampa Bay Rays
- Bryan Hinkle, former Linebacker for the Pittsburgh Steelers
- "2010-2011 WA State Report Card" (PDF), Retrieved 2011-09-28
- "2004-2005 Annual School Report" (PDF). Central Kitsap High School. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- "2010-2011 WA State Report Card" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-09-28.
|This Washington (state) school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|