|Location||Dieppe (Moncton), New Brunswick|
|No. of stores and services||150|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||820,908 sq ft (76,264.8 m2) |
|No. of floors||1|
Champlain Place (French: Place Champlain), also known as Champlain Mall, is a shopping centre located in Dieppe, New Brunswick, Canada. It is the largest single building shopping centre in Atlantic Canada by floor space. Champlain Place is owned and operated by Cadillac Fairview.
The mall contains over 150 stores and services. The anchor tenants are:
- Wal-Mart (129,621 sq ft or 12,042.2 m2)
- Sears (107,029 sq ft or 9,943.3 m2)
- Sobeys (51,456 sq ft or 4,780.4 m2)
- Toys "R" Us (31,140 sq ft or 2,893.0 m2)
- Sport Chek (20,000 sq ft or 1,858.1 m2)
- H&M (17,981 sq ft or 1,670.5 m2)
- Urban Planet (17,101 sq ft or 1,588.7 m2)
- Linen Chest (12,830 sq ft or 1,191.9 m2)
Champlain Place is also known for the wide variety of Health & Beauty stores and services including The Body Shop, Yves Rocher, Fruits & Passion, Glamour Secrets, GNC - General Nutrition Centre, Sephora and Aldo Accessories.
Originally the location was just home to just a Sears location however in 1974, it was expanded to include Champlain Place Shopping Centre including where Walmart is now (Then Woolco) and to the west to roughly where the beginning of the food court is, (Then Dominion and Consumers Distributing). it was hailed as an extraordinary engineering accomplishment. Erected on a barren, windswept marsh at the juncture of Moncton and Dieppe in an area once a part of the region’s shipbuilding past, this then new innovative concept in the retail industry has stood the test of time in its ability to keep abreast of changes in a mobile society. During the christmas season they had a mascot named Bruce the Moose.
The next major expansion was in the Late 80's to Early 90's when it expanded to where Sobeys is currently and east to roughly where H&M is and included a Future Shop roughly where H&M ends. The last major expansion is the current and extends out to where Urban Planet is currently and Future Shop moved here before it moved to its current Mapleton Shopping Area location.
- Until September 2008, customers of Champlain Place were allowed to bring their shopping carts with them anywhere within the common areas of the mall. Carts have since been banned from use in the common areas, and restricted to grocery and large department stores.
- A major interior and exterior renovation of the mall was completed in November 2008.
- Champlain Place is named after Samuel de Champlain, a famous French explorer of the region.
Exterior stores and services
- Crystal Palace Complex
- Burger King
- Wendy's/Tim Hortons
- Gojis Frozen Yogurt
- Champlain Place is also one of 3 major bus transfer hub in Greater Moncton for Codiac Transpo.
- List of largest enclosed shopping malls in Canada
- List of shopping malls in Canada
- Crystal Palace Amusement Park
- "Eastern - Champlain Place". Cadillac Fairview. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "Champlain Place - Property Profile". Cadillac Fairview. Retrieved 2008-06-02.[dead link]
- "Champlain Place". Cadillac Fairview. Archived from the original on 2008-05-02. Retrieved 2008-06-01.
- "Attention shoppers: no carts in the mall". Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. 2008-10-01. Retrieved 2009-01-29.