Chitrakoot Dham (Karwi)
|• Chairman||Neelam Karwaria|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
In past, Karwi city was a tehsil in Banda district. On May 6, 1997 Government of Uttar Pradesh carved out a new district Chitrakoot (Initially named as Chhatrapati Shahuji Mahraj- Nagar) from Banda district. Since then the city is serving as district headquarters.
The city's coordinates are 25° North and 81° East. It is bounded in the north by Kaushambi, in the south by Satna(M.P.) & Rewa (M.P.), in the east by Allahabad (Prayag), in the west by Banda. Chitrakoot Dham (Karwi) is situated on the bank of River Mandakini.
As of 2001[update] India census, Chitrakoot Dham (Karwi) had a population of 48,853. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Chitrakoot Dham (Karwi) has an average literacy rate of 67%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with male literacy of 75% and female literacy of 58%. 16% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Mahatma Gandhi Chitrakoot Gramoday University (situated in Madhya Pradesh Region of Chitrakoot)
- Jagadguru Rambhadracharya Handicapped University, Sitapur
- Goshwami Tulshidas Government College
- Sanskrit College, Taronha
- Chhatrapati Sahujio Maharaj Girls Degree College
- Bethal P. J. H. School
- Bramhacharya Shiksha Niketan
- Chitrakoot Inter College
- Chitrakoot Public School
- Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Public School Mission Road Karwi
- Dr. Bhabha Convent Junior High School
- GDND Convent School
- Govt Girls Inter College
- Gyan Bharti
- Girja Devi MJHS
- Indian Children Public School
- Janseva Inter College
- Kendriya Vidyalaya
- Kingson English Medium High School
- Modern Public School
- Sadguru Public School, Jankikund
- Saraswati Balika Vidya Mandir
- Saint Xavires, Sitapur
- Saraswati Shishu Mandir
- Saraswati Gyan Mandir
- Saraswati Bal Vidya Mandir
- Saraswati Vidya Mandir
- Saint Thomas School
- Seth Poddar Inter College
- Surendrapal Gramodaya Vidyalaya, Chitrakoot
Road: Chitrakoot Dham (Karwi) falls on National Highway 76 (NH 76) stretched from Pindwara to Allahabad via Udaipur, Chittaurgarh, Kota, Shivpuri, Jhansi and Banda. City is also linked with Roadways to all adjoining districts of Banda, Allahabad, Satna, Rewa & Kaushambi.
Railways: Chitakoot Dham (Karwi) is an railway station ( IRCTC code: CKTD) on Manikpur - Jhansi/Kanpur main line, served by the North-Central division of Indian Railways. Karwi is connected by trains to Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bhopal, Raipur, Jabalpur, Kanpur, Khajuraho, Lucknow, Durg and Varanasi.
Air: Allahabad is the nearest operational airport to the city which is 120 km away. Chitrakoot Dham (Karwi) also have an airstrip at Dewangana. 
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Airstrips of Civil Aviation Department, Uttar Pradesh