|Hubs||Murtala Muhammed International Airport|
Dana Air is an airline based in Ikeja, Lagos State, Nigeria and flying domestic services. Following a fatal air crash in 2012 its licence was suspended, but it was cleared by Nigeria's Civil Aviation Authority to resume flights in 2014.
- Abuja – Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport
- Lagos – Murtala Muhammed International Airport
- Port Harcourt - Port Harcourt International Airport
- Uyo - Akwa Ibom Airport
Before June 2012, Dana Air also served Calabar, Kano.
|Boeing 737-800||To replace MD-82||5 on order|
|McDonnell Douglas MD-83||To be réplaced by 737-800 leased from Ryanair||2|
Incidents and accidents
On 3 June 2012, a McDonnell Douglas MD-83 operating as Flight 992 crashed into a two-story building at Iju Railway, Ishaga a suburb of Lagos. All 153 people on board the aircraft were killed. Following the crash, all flights by Dana Air were halted by Nigeria's Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA). The airline's license was restored in September 2012 before the inquiry into the accident was concluded. However, in October 2013, the airline's license was once again suspended. The airline was audited and resumed flights on 26 January 2014 with 1 Boeing 737-500
- Contact us, Dana Air, retrieved 4 June 2012
- Airliner World (March 2014): 15.
- Dana Air, retrieved 4 June 2012
- Thomas Noack (4 June 2012), Dana Air Fleet Details and History, Planespotters.net, retrieved 4 June 2012
- Targett, Michael (3 June 2012). "Dana Air flight crashes in Lagos". Flight International. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "Passenger plane crashes into building in Lagos". BBC News Online. 3 June 2012. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "Lagos plane crash: Nigeria suspends Dana Air licence". BBC News Online. 5 June 2012. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- "Nigerian plane crash airline's licence restored before inquiry concludes". guardian.co.uk. 9 September 2012. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- "Aviation crisis: FG Suspends Dana Air licence again …24 hours After Grounding Associated Airline". gistanigeria.blogspot.com. 7 October 2013. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dana Air.|
|This article related to an airline based in Nigeria is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|