David Mitchell (fighter)
October 24, 1979 |
Windsor, California, United States
|Other names||Bulletproof, Daudi|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||170 lb (77 kg; 12 st)|
|Reach||76 in (190 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Santa Rosa, California, United States|
|Team||Nor-Cal Fighting Alliance|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Mixed martial arts career
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Mitchell was expected to fight Mike Swick on January 22, 2011 at UFC: Fight for the Troops 2. However, Mitchell was forced out of the fight with a back injury and Swick felt as if his stomach condition was not completely healed, so the bout was scrapped from the card altogether.
Mitchell was expected to face UFC newcomer Hyun Gyu Lim as a late replacement for Marcelo Guimarães on November 10, 2012 at UFC on Fuel TV 6. However, prior to the weigh in for the event, the bout was scrapped after Lim was declared medically unfit to compete by UFC doctors.
Following his loss to Cabral, Mitchell was released from the UFC.
Mitchell defeated Fernando Gonzalez by TKO on February 15, 2014 at West Coast Fighting Championship 8. The victory marked the first time Mitchell has finished an opponent via strikes.
Mitchell is expected to take part in a one-night tournament at BattleGrounds MMA on October 3, 2014.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|18 matches||14 wins||4 losses|
|Win||14–4||Jaime Jara||Submission (rear-naked choke)||WFC 9: Mitchell vs. Jara||April 26, 2014||1||4:15||Sacramento, California, United States|
|Win||13–4||Fernando Gonzalez||TKO (punches)||WFC 8: Avila vs. Berkovic||February 15, 2014||3||1:45||Sacramento, California, United States|
|Loss||12–4||Yan Cabral||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Maia vs. Shields||October 9, 2013||3||5:00||Barueri, São Paulo, Brazil|
|Loss||12–3||Mike Pierce||TKO (punches)||UFC 162||July 6, 2013||2||2:55||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||12–2||Simeon Thoresen||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Dodson||January 26, 2013||3||5:00||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Loss||11–2||Paulo Thiago||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 134||August 27, 2011||3||5:00||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Loss||11–1||TJ Waldburger||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Marquardt vs. Palhares||September 15, 2010||3||5:00||Austin, Texas, United States|
|Win||11–0||Poppies Martinez||Technical Submission (triangle choke)||TPF 5: Stars and Strikes||July 9, 2010||1||1:32||Lemoore, California, United States|
|Win||10–0||Tim McKenzie||Submission (guillotine choke)||TPF 4: Cinco de Mayhem||May 5, 2010||1||1:10||Lemoore, California, United States|
|Win||9–0||Bobby Green||Submission (heel hook)||TPF 2: Brawl in the Hall||December 3, 2009||1||0:54||Lemoore, California, United States|
|Win||8–0||War Machine||Decision (split)||Tachi Palace Fights 1||October 8, 2009||3||5:00||Lemoore, California, United States|
|Win||7–0||Josh Neal||Submission (armbar)||CCFC 10: Battle for NorCal||February 21, 2009||1||0:28||Santa Rosa, California, United States|
|Win||6–0||Jeff Morris||Submission (armbar)||CCFC: Mayhem||May 17, 2008||1||1:47||Santa Rosa, California, United States|
|Win||5–0||Andy Maccarone||Decision (unanimous)||CCFC: Meltdown||August 18, 2007||3||5:00||Yuba City, California, United States|
|Win||4–0||Drew Dimanlig||Submission (armbar)||CCFC: Total Elimination||May 12, 2007||2||N/A||Santa Rosa, California, United States|
|Win||3–0||Jeff Harmon||Submission (rear-naked choke)||CCFC: Throwdown at the Pavilion||November 4, 2006||2||1:23||Santa Rosa, California, United States|
|Win||2–0||Kenneth Johnson||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Gladiator Challenge 55: Beatdown||October 14, 2006||1||2:54||Lakeport, California, United States|
|Win||1–0||John Corstorphine||Submission (triangle choke)||Gladiator Challenge 52: Deep Impact||July 8, 2006||1||3:30||Lakeport, California, United States|
- "Anthony "TJ" Waldburger slated for UFC debut during "UFC Fight Night 22″". FIVEOUNCESOFPAIN.com. 2010-07-16. Retrieved 2010-09-13.
- "Mike Swick vs. David Mitchell at UFC Fight For The Troops 2". MMAWeekly.com. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- "David Mitchell Out of UFC Fight For The Troops; Mike Swick Off The Card". mmaweekly.com. December 30, 2010.
- "Welterweights Thiago, Mitchell Matched for UFC ‘Rio’". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2011-05-02.
- Staff (2012-10-10). "UFC 'Macao:' Hyun Gyu vs David Mitchell booked with Marcelo Guimarães injured". mmamania.com. Retrieved 2012-10-10.
- Staff (2012-11-09). "David Mitchell awarded show money after Hyun Gyu Lim pulled from UFC on FUEL TV 6". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2012-11-09.
- "UFC on Fox 6 Gets David Mitchell vs. Simeon Thoresen". mmaweekly.com. December 3, 2012.
- Staff (April 12, 2013). "Mike Pierce vs. David Mitchell targeted for UFC 162". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- Guilherme Cruz (August 29, 2013). "Yan Cabral signs with the UFC, fights David Mitchell in Brazil". mmafighting.com. Retrieved August 29, 2013.
- Zane Simon (October 28, 2013). "Matt Hamill, Nandor Guelmino, and David Mitchell removed from UFC rosters". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- MixedMartialArts.com Staff (February 15, 2014). "West Coast Fighting 8 - Pro Fights Official Results". mixedmartialarts.com. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- Bryan Henderson (April 24, 2014). "Out of Obscurity: West Coast FC 9, XFCi 4 and Deep 66 Impact". themmacorner.com. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- Tapology.com Staff (April 26, 2014). "David Mitchell vs. Jaime Jara". tapology.com. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- MMAJunkie.com Staff (June 17, 2014). "UFC vet-heavy BattleGrounds one-night tourney shifts to Oct. 3, now on PPV". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-06-23.