||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011)|
|Born||8 April 1978|
|Origin||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Genres||Alternative rock, pop rock, post-grunge, dance-pop, acoustic rock|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, record producer|
|Instruments||Acoustic Guitar, vocals|
|Years active||1996 – present|
Early life and career
Born Diana Gosper in New South Wales, singer-songwriter Diana Anaid released her self-titled debut album at the age of 19. The album became fairly popular with the first single, "I Go Off", which received extensive airplay on the alternative station Triple J and was rated #58 on the Triple J Hottest 100, 1997 and was featured on their compilation CD for that year, the Triple J Hottest 100, Volume 5. Her follow-up album, I don't think I'm pregnant, was released in 1999, with the singles "Love Song for a Girl", "Don't Believe in Love", and "Perfect Family". "Perfect Family" rated #55 on the Triple J Hottest 100, 1999 and was a track on Triple J Hottest 100 Volume 7.
Anaid played her first Sydney gig at the Excelsior Pub in Surry Hills. Her third studio album, Beautiful Obscene was produced by Paul Palmer and Ted Hutt (No Doubt, Bush) in Los Angeles. Anaid was the first artist Paul Palmer signed to his own record label Five Crowns Records after leaving Trauma Records. "Last Thing," from the Beautiful Obscene album, received substantial airplay across the United States and coupled with extensive touring and promotion, "Last Thing" became Diana Anaid's first international hit outside Australia, charting on the Hot AC American Chart.
"Cheatin' on Me" was released on 27 October 2007 and is the first single to be released from Anaid's own label, Forola Records.
On 25 September 2009, Anaid's single "Cynical On Waking" was released for digital download and shortly thereafter for physical release. It was the first track from her new album which is also the first studio album to be released on her label Forola Records, titled simply Diana Anaid. The album was released sin February 2010.
- 1997 Original Self Titled CD (500 copies only)
- 1997 I Go Off (single) #35 (AUS Aria) #36 (AUS Barnes/Scanes) #58 Triple J Hot 100 1997
- 1997 Self Titled Album
- 1997 See Through (single)
- 1998 Leaving The Country (single)
- 1998 Oh No (single)
- 1999 I Don't Think I'm Pregnant (Album)
- 1999 Perfect Family (single) #55 Triple J Hot 100 1999
- 2000 Don't Believe In Love (single)
- 2001 Love Song For A Girl (single)
- 2004 Beautiful Obscene (Album)
- 2004 Last Thing (single) #34 US Billboard Adult Top 40 Songs
- 2006 Live At The Bush Theatre (Album)
- 2007 Cheatin On Me (single)
- 2009 Cynical On Waking (single)
- 2010 Diana Anaid (album)