From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up diastema in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Diastema may refer to:
- In dentistry a diastema is a gap between 2 adjacent teeth, especially the upper central incisors; see Diastema (dentistry)
- In zoology, a diastema is a space separating teeth of different functions, especially that between incisors and canines and premolars (bicuspids) and molars in rodents and ungulates.
- In pathology, a diastema may refer to any an abnormal space, fissure, or cleft in an organ or part of the body.
- In cell biology, the diastema is the modified protoplasm at the equator of a cell, existing before mitotic division.
- Diastema (moth), a genus of moths in the family Noctuidae
- Diastema (plant), a flowering plant in the family Gesneriaceae
- Diasporus diastema, a species of frog in the family Leptodactylidae
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.