Digital Reader 1000
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010)|
The iRex DR1000
|Release date||22 September 2008|
|CPU||Freescale i.MX31L processor|
|Storage||128 MB internal RAM, accepts SD Cards up to 32 GB|
|Dimensions||8.5 × 10.5 × 0.5 in (217 x 268 x 11.9 mm)|
|Weight||18.8 oz (530 g)|
The Digital Reader 1000 (DR1000) was an e-Book reading device produced by iRex in the Netherlands. Production was ceased in 2010, when iRex filed for bankruptcy. The DR1000 was produced with a 10.2-inch (25.9 cm) e-ink display.
Three different versions were planned:
- DR1000 (without touchscreen)
- DR1000S (with touchscreen)
- DR1000SW (with touchscreen and wifi & Bluetooth connectivity)
The DR1000 has an internal memory of 128MB, and ships with a 1GB SD card. The manufacturer suggests this would be sufficient to store up to 1,000 documents or pictures. The S and SW models have touchscreens compatible with Wacom styluses.
The DR1000 was originally marketed as able to "last days" on a single battery charge, while users report battery life of 12 hours at most. The statement was removed from the IRex product page around the time that version 1.5 of the device firmware was released.
- List of e-book readers - other similar devices
- Jun 11, 2010 - 4:19AM (2010-06-11). "E-Reader Maker IRex Files For Bankruptcy — paidContent". Paidcontent.org. Retrieved 2012-08-17.