||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2014)|
|Public NASDAQ: DRIV|
|Founder||Joel Ronning (former CEO)|
|Headquarters||Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States|
Dave Dobson (CEO)
|Products||digital software delivery|
Number of employees
Digital River is a public company that provides global ecommerce, payments and marketing services. In 2013, Digital River processed more than $30 billion in online transactions.
Digital River is headquartered in Minnetonka, Minnesota with offices in Seattle, Washington; Aliso Viejo, San Diego and San Francisco, California; Victoria, BC, Canada; Cologne, Germany; London, England; Shannon, Ireland; Stockholm, Sweden; Luxembourg; Moscow, Russia;Vienna, Austria; Shanghai and Beijing, China; São Paulo, Brazil; Taipei, Taiwan and Tokyo, Japan.
Clients include Acer, Adobe Systems, ArenaNet,  Autodesk, AVAST, Capcom, Expedia.com, HarperCollins,  Jawbone, Kaspersky Lab, Lenovo, Logitech, Mattel, McAfee, Microsoft, Nuance, Panasonic, Razer USA, Samsung, SanDisk, Seagate, Siemens,  Skullcandy, Spotify, Square Enix, TechSmith,  Thunder Tiger,  Ticketmaster, Trend Micro, Ubisoft, Vistaprint, VMware, Western Digital and Wix.com.
It has acquired:
- CCNow (2002)
- Freemerchant.com (discontinued 15 January 2008)
- Journey Education Marketing
- MindVision, Inc
- THINK Subscription (2008)
- SWREG (2005)
- Fatfoogoo (2010)
- BlueHornet Networks (2004)
Joel Ronning was CEO from the company's founding until stepping down in November 2012. In June 2013, Ronning was ranked as the most over paid CEO at a public company in Minnesota despite not having been CEO since November of the previous year. In February 2013, Dave Dobson was named CEO.
- "Digital River Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Financial Results". Digital River. 2014. Retrieved 2014-02-05.
- "2009 Annual Report". Digital River. 2009. Retrieved 2007-12-01.
- Sharon Housley (2004). "Digital River's Destructive Acquisition Strategy". Security Pro News. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- Kurt Peters (2002). "Digital River Acquires Certain Assets of CCNow.com". Internet Retailer. Retrieved 2013-02-02.
- The FreeMerchant Team (2008). "Freemerchant.com". Digital River, Inc. Retrieved 2013-02-02.
- "Digital River introduces a new feature for online merchants". ecommerce-journal. 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-29.
- "SWREG Inc.: Private Company Information". Bloomberg Businessweek. 2012. Retrieved 2013-02-02.
- Eric Savitz (2010). "Digital River Acquires Fatfoogoo". Barrons. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- Dean Takahashi (2010). "Digital River buys virtual goods company Fatfoogoo". Retrieved 2010-05-05.
- Snorrason Holdings (2012). "Snorrason Holdings to Acquire CCNow from Digital River". PRWeb. Retrieved 2012-12-31.
- Dan Browning (2010). "Digital River sues over data breach". Star Tribune. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- Tim Wilson (2010). "Digital River Sues Over Theft Of Data On Nearly 200,000 Customers". Darkreading. Retrieved 2011-04-24.