|Type||Public NASDAQ: DRIV|
|Founder(s)||Joel Ronning (former CEO)|
|Headquarters||Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States|
Dave Dobson (CEO)
|Products||digital software delivery|
Digital River is a U.S. e-commerce outsourcing company. The company’s platform offers site development and hosting, order management, fraud management, export controls, tax management, physical and digital product fulfillment, multi-lingual customer service, reporting and strategic marketing services.
Founded in 1994 Digital River is headquartered in Minnetonka, Minnesota with offices in other US cities as well as Cologne, Germany; London, England; Shannon, Ireland; Luxembourg, Luxembourg; Shanghai, China; São Paulo, Brazil; Taipei, Republic of China (Taiwan); Tokyo, Japan and Moscow, Russia.
On 18 May 2005 Digital River acquired SWREG, another online payment processing company catering primarily to shareware authors. In June 2006 Digital River acquired MindVision, Inc, including both the Installer VISE and eSellerate business units.
Clients include ACD Systems, Adobe Systems, Autodesk, Canon, Capcom, Cyberlink, Data Robotics, En Masse, Kaspersky Lab, Kodak, Lenovo, Logitech, Mattel, Microsoft, Netgear, Nuance, Pentax, Philips, Razer USA, Research In Motion, SanDisk, Smith Micro, Square Enix, THQ, Trend Micro, Ubisoft, VMware, Western Digital and Wizards of the Coast.
It has acquired:
- CCNow (2002)
- Freemerchant.com (discontinued 15 January 2008)
- Journey Education Marketing
- MindVision, Inc
- THINK Subscription (2008)
- SWREG (2005)
- Fatfoogoo (2010)
- BlueHornet Networks (2004)
Joel Ronning was CEO from the company's founding until stepping down in November 2012. In June 2013, Ronning was ranked as the most over paid CEO at a public company in Minnesota despite not having been CEO since November of the previous year. In February 2013, Dave Dobson was named CEO.
- "2009 Annual Report". Digital River. 2009. Retrieved 2007-12-01.
- "eSellerate Joins the Digital River Team". RegMatch. 2006. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- Daniel Jalkut (2006). "Take the Money and Run". Red Sweater. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- Sharon Housley (2004). "Digital River's Destructive Acquisition Strategy". Security Pro News. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- Kurt Peters (2002). "Digital River Acquires Certain Assets of CCNow.com". Internet Retailer. Retrieved 2013-02-02.
- The FreeMerchant Team (2008). "Freemerchant.com". Digital River, Inc. Retrieved 2013-02-02.
- "Digital River introduces a new feature for online merchants". ecommerce-journal. 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-29.
- "SWREG Inc.: Private Company Information". Bloomberg Businessweek. 2012. Retrieved 2013-02-02.
- Eric Savitz (2010). "Digital River Acquires Fatfoogoo". Barrons. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- Snorrason Holdings (2012). "Snorrason Holdings to Acquire CCNow from Digital River". PRWeb. Retrieved 2012-12-31.
- Dan Browning (2010). "Digital River sues over data breach". Star Tribune. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- Tim Wilson (2010). "Digital River Sues Over Theft Of Data On Nearly 200,000 Customers". Darkreading. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- Digital River's Global, Cloud-Based Subscription Billing and Commerce Helps Companies Increase Online Revenue and Customer Retention - MarketWatch