|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014)|
|Elevation||396 m (1,299 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||UK 07|
Doiwala is located at  It has an average elevation of 396 metres (1,327 feet).The place comes under Doon Valley's Terai and Bhabhar region..
Doiwala had a population of 17000 as per 2011. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Doiwala has an average literacy rate of 82%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 82% and, female literacy is 82%. In Doiwala, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Schools, Colleges and Institutions
- Dehradun Hills Academy (CBSE, New Delhi Estd. 1990)
- Mount lietra Zee School (CBSE New Delhi)
- radiant public school (CBSE new delhi)
- Shri Guru Ram Rai Public School
- Holy Angel Sen. Sec. School (CBSE New Delhi)
- The Presidency International School
- Nancy International School
- Doon Public School
- The Canterbury Bells High School
- Shri Guru Harkishan Academy
- Melvin John's School
- Doon Ghati College
- Degree college
- H.I.H.T Medical University
- Dental college
- Public inter college
- Govt. school
- The Horizon School(CBSE New Delhi)
Mostly are Hindu, Sikh and Muslim. Sikhism is also followed in Doiwala. Being a part of Dehradun district, Garhwali population is also widespread in nearby town Bhaniyawala. Nearby villages are Nunawala, Sherghar, Jhabrawala, Kheri, Bulawala, Chandmari follows mostly Sikhism. Guru nanak sahib ji, Guru Gobind singh ji birthday, Baisakhi, Guru Arjan sahib ji Shaheedi Divas, Guru Granth Sahib ji first Parkash Purab Divas and chotey sahibzade shaheedi divas are celebrated by Sikhs in Doiwala. Some Muslim and Ravidassi population is also located.
The climate of Doiwala is generally temperate, although it varies from tropical; from hot in summers to severely cold, depending upon the season and the altitude of the specific location. The nearby hilly regions often get snowfall during winter but the temperature in Dehradun and Doiwala is not known to fall below freezing. Summer temperatures can often reach 42 °C whereas winter temperatures are usually between −0.3 °C and 20 °C (as per 9 January 2013). During the monsoon season, there is often heavy and protracted rainfall. Doiwala and other plains areas of Uttarakhand see almost as much rainfall as Coastal Maharashtra and more than Assam. The weather is considered to be good during winter in the hilly regions but it is often hot in the "Doon" valley. Agriculture benefits from fertile alluvial soil, adequate drainage and plentiful rain. Mountain areas are also used for agriculture.
Garhwali and Hindi are two major languages spoken in Doiwala and nearby villages. Punjabi is also spoken in few villages.
Notable Locations, Religious Place & Finance Sector
- Rajaji National Park
- ParkFun Valley
- Picnic Spot, Lachhiwala
- Gurdwara shaheedi chotey sahibzade, Nunawala, National Highway 72
- Gurdwara Shri Guru Singh Sabha, Near railway station
- Gurdwara Guru Nanak Langar Hall, On National Highway 72
- Shakti bhawan mandir
- Sai Mandir
- Dehradun International airport, 5 Km from Doiwala
- Himalayan hospital
- Shed Hospital
- Government Hospital
- Sugar Mill Factory
- Punjab National Bank, State Bank of India, Almora co-operative Bank ltd. & Bank of Baroda on sugar mill road.
- Punjab and Sindh Bank, Nainital Bank & IDBI Bank on National Highway 72.
- Oriental Bank of commerce, Co-operative Bank & Gramin Bank
- Lal tappar industrial area