30 June 2010
|President||Benigno S. Aquino III|
Secretary Edwin Lacierda is the Presidential Spokesperson of Philippine President Benigno S. Aquino III, and an incumbent member of the Philippine Cabinet. Prior to this, he was the spokesperson for the presidential campaign of then Senator Aquino from November 2009 up to the elections in May 2010. He was born in Philippines in a Chinese family.
Prior to joining the campaign, he was a law practitioner and a co-convener for the Black and White Movement, an organization of civil society groups calling for transparency and accountability in government. He served as the legal counsel of whistleblower of Rodolfo “Jun” Lozada during the Senate investigation on the NBN-ZTE controversy.
Lacierda was also part of the Optical Media Board from 2004–2007, representing the academe.
Apart from his involvement in civic and public service, Lacierda taught Constitutional Law at the Far Eastern University Institute of Law from 1992 to 2008 and at the Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila from 2007 to 2010.
Lacierda received his degree in AB Communication Arts from the De La Salle University in 1983, LLB from the Ateneo de Manila University School of Law in 1989, and his Masters in Management degree from the Asian Institute of Management in 1991
- "Public Profiles - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos". Showbizandstyle.inquirer.net. 2011-01-22. Retrieved 2012-05-04.
- "Jun Lozada one year after". VERA Files. Retrieved 2012-05-04.
- "Cabinet Profiles". Pcoo.gov.ph. Retrieved 2012-05-04.
- "Ateneo de Manila University". Admu.edu.ph. Retrieved 2012-05-04.
- "The President's Men and Women: Spokesman won't defend a public lie - The Philippine Star » News » News Feature". Philstar.com. 2010-08-01. Retrieved 2012-05-04.
|This article about a Filipino politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|