|Operating bases||Cairo International Airport
Alexandria International Airport
Sharm el-Sheikh International Airport
|Frequent-flyer program||EgyptAir Plus|
|Alliance||Star Alliance (affiliate)|
|Parent company||EgyptAir Holding Company|
|Key people||Helmi Rizq (Chairman)|
EgyptAir Express is a regional airline based in Cairo, Egypt. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of the state-owned EgyptAir, established in 2006 to offer passengers increased frequencies on domestic and regional routes through the use of smaller aircraft.
The airline has been a member of Star Alliance, through the membership of its parent company, EgyptAir, since July 2008.
EgyptAir Express was created in May 2006 and launched operations on 1 June 2007.
EgyptAir Holding Company Chairman Atef Abdel Hamid Mostafa told ATI: "Over the past years we (EgyptAir) used to serve domestic destinations with flights that were mostly too early in the morning and too late in the evening. This was attributed to the fact that the aircraft operated on domestic operations were the same aircraft operated on international routes, given the fleet size limitation. In order to be able to serve domestic destinations with a schedule that fits all market segments and have adequate frequencies, EgyptAir decided to establish a new subsidiary that would have domestic services as a core business in addition to regional operations."
The key trends for EgyptAir Express are shown below (as at year ending 30 June):
|Number of employees (at year end)||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Number of passengers (m)||0.9||1.1||1.5||1.3|
|Passenger load factor (%)||81||76||77||75|
|Number of aircraft (at year end)||6||12||12||12||12|
(*) Figures for the years ending 30 June 2011 and 2012 were delayed because of disruption caused by the Egyptian Revolution in early 2011, and the 2011 figures reflect the disruption that occurred.
EgyptAir Express serves the following destinations (as of June 2013):
- Abu Simbel – Abu Simbel Airport
- Alexandria – Borg El Arab Airport
- Assiut – Assiut Airport
- Aswan – Aswan International Airport
- Cairo – Cairo International Airport Hub
- Hurghada – Hurghada International Airport
- Luxor – Luxor International Airport
- Marsa Alam – Marsa Alam Airport
- Mersa Matruh – Mersa Matruh Airport [summer seasonal]
- Sharm el-Sheikh – Sharm el-Sheikh International Airport
|Embraer E-170||12||76||On selected flights an 8 seat business cabin is offered using the first 2 rows of economy seats.|
- "Directory: World Airlines Part 2 (C-L)". Flight International: 31–80. 7 April 2009.
- EgyptAir Express Annual Report 2008-09
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 3 April 2007. p. 76.
- "EgyptAir Express Annual Report 2009". Egyptair. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "EgyptAir Annual Report 2010". Egyptair. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "EgyptAir Annual Report 2011". Egyptair. Retrieved 17 February 2013.
- "EgyptAir Express aims for full recovery by next April". Air Transport World. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- EgyptAir Express fleet (CH-Aviation) ch-aviation.ch