"The Magic lives on!"
|Location||San Lorenzo South, Santa Rosa City, Philippines|
|Owner||Enchanted Kingdom, Inc.|
|Opened||July 28, 1995|
|Area||17 hectares (41 acres)|
Enchanted Kingdom abbreviated as EK is a theme park in the Philippines. It is located in Santa Rosa City, Laguna, about 39 kilometers (24 mi) from Manila. It has a land area of 17 hectares (41 acres). The park is managed and operated by Enchanted Kingdom Inc.
Enchanted Kingdom is a member of the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA).
- 1 History
- 2 Park zones
- 3 Other Attractions
- 4 Tickets
- 5 Incidents
- 6 References
- 7 External links
The park was conceptualized by the Landmark Entertainment Group and while the entrance is somewhat resemblant of Disneyland, the rest of the park is modeled after Universal Studios. It was built at a cost of ₱1.2 billion, or $27,069,600 USD (2013). The park first opened to the public on October 19, 1995.
The Victoria Park is inspired by architectural style that flourished during Queen Victoria's rule of England. There are entertainers and mascots in this area of the park. Among these is the wizard Eldar, the mascot of Enchanted Kingdom.
Portabello is a replica of Portobelo, a place in Panama in the Caribbean Sea where the riches of the Incas were shipped by the Spaniards. It features treasures hidden by the Spanish sailors. Portabello hosts the Rio Grande — the largest attraction found in the park. Other attractions in Enchanted Kingdom’s Portabello are the Flying Fiesta, giant swing ride, Xtreme Paintball, Portabello Show, and 4D Discovery Theater.
- 4D Discovery Theater - 4-D film Theater
- Flying Fiesta - Wave Swinger
- Rio Grande Rapids - River rafting ride
- Shake, Rattle and Roll: The Experience!!! (SRR:X!!!) - Haunted attraction
- Pagpag: Siyam na Buhay - Haunted attraction
- Xtreme Paintball
- Disk-O-Magic - Disk'O ride
Boulderville has a prehistoric theme with dinosaurs as main characters. There are rides that are designed for children, two examples are Petreefied House and Rock Quarry. Puppet shows and dinosaur mascots are mostly found in this area.
- Air Pterodactyl
- Bouncing Boulders Mini Drop Tower - drop tower
- Boulderville Express - train ride
- Bumbling Boulders - teacups
- Petreefied House
- Stone Eggs - kiddie Ferris wheel
- Bouncing Boulders
- Rock Quarry
The Midway Boardwalk is colorful and carefree zone inspired by in Coney Island, known as "America's Playground" in the 1930s. There are other attractions found around the place, mostly including mimes, clowns and jugglers.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (December 2011)|
- Anchors Away - pirate ship ride
- Bump N' Splash
- Dodgem - bumper cars
- EKstreme Tower Ride - drop tower
- Midway Games
- Roller Skater - Vekoma Junior Coaster
- Steeplechase Arcade - arcade game
- Up, Up and Away - balloon ride
- Wheel of Fate - a 40-metre (130 ft) tall Ferris wheel with 36 passenger gondolas, each able to carry six passengers, and providing views of the whole park.
- Condor (Spinning Tower Ride, now site of EKstreme Tower Ride)
- Broadway and Brooklyn shows
- Parade at the Cobblestone street
- Rialto(now in 3D) - Simulator Ride
The Spaceport is inspired by sci-fi films and the NASA space program of the 1960s. Notably, an 11-story ride, Space Shuttle, stands out in the park, it is the first shuttle coaster in the Philippines.
- Eldar's Tent
- Kart Trak - Kart racing
- Jr. Kart Trak - Kiddie Kart racing
- Launch Time
- Space Shuttle Max - Vekoma Boomerang roller coaster
- Laser Mission
The Jungle Outpost offers a jungle adventure. It was designed after the Amazon jungle. There is a calm ride, Swan Lake, and some other rides like the Jungle Log Jam, a Log Flume attraction that slides rapidly from a tall slide.
- Amazon Hoops
- Jungle Log Jam - Log flumes
- Swan Lake
- Tropics Trading Post
On September, 2011, EK partnered with SM Tickets, a ticketing system under SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SPHI). EK tickets could be purchased at all SM Tickets outlets in Metro Manila and at SM City Baliwag, inter alia.
In 2007, Space Shuttle Max had an incident when the train stalled on the Cobra Roll element of the ride. The riders during the incident were students from Batangas on an educational tour. After that, Space Shuttle was temporarily suspended for technical renovation. Since then, the ride re-opened to the public and renamed as Space Shuttle Max sponsored by Pepsi-Cola Philippines.
- Enchanted Kingdom - the world class theme park of the Philippines
- "Space Shuttle reopens at Enchanted Kingdom". GMA Network. Retrieved 3 November 2012.