Fantasy Flight Games
Fantasy Flight Games (FFG) is a Roseville, Minnesota-based game company that creates and publishes role-playing, board, and card games. Fantasy Flight Publishing was founded in 1995 by its CEO, Christian T. Petersen. Since the release of its first game product (Twilight Imperium) in 1997, the company has been doing business as Fantasy Flight Games ("FFG"). Since that time, FFG has grown to become one of the biggest names in the hobby games industry, being a marketplace leader in board games and maintaining strong businesses in the card game, roleplaying game, and miniature game categories.
In 2008, FFG partnered with Games Workshop, to represent its IPs (Warhammer and Warhammer 40K) in the hobby games market. In August 2011, Fantasy Flight Games bought the license which allows it to commercialize any card, miniature or role-playing game set in the Star Wars universe.
Fantasy Flight Games is known for their game franchise Midnight, which was also made into a movie called Midnight Chronicles by the company's short-lived Landroval Studios. As of 2012, it appears that Midnight is no longer produced or supported by Fantasy Flight.
Living Card Games 
Living Card Games (LCGs) are a variant of collectible card games (CCG) developed by Fantasy Flight. LCGs have regular expansions and deck-building like CCGs, but do not have the "blind buy purchase model" of CCGs. Instead of randomized starter decks and boosters, LCGs have core sets, expansion packs, and deluxe expansions with fixed cards. Expansion packs are released on a monthly or near-monthly basis, and have 3 copies of 20 new cards, for a total of 60 cards. Deluxe expansions are released less frequently, and typically contain 3 copies of 55 new cards, for a total of 165 cards. The LCGs currently being produced are:
- Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game (2008)
- A Game of Thrones: The Card Game (2008)
- Warhammer: Invasion (2009)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game (2011)
- Android: Netrunner (2012)
- Star Wars: The Card Game (2012)
- "What Is Fantasy Flight?". Fantasy Flight Games. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- "Use The Force". Fantasy Flight Games. Retrieved 2 August 2011.
- Fantasy Flight Games at the Internet Movie Database
- ICV 2 | http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/9117.html
- Against the Shadow | http://www.againsttheshadow.org/?topic=1447.0
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|