|Fayzabad Airport د فیض اباد هوائی ډګر|
|IATA: FBD – ICAO: OAFZ|
|Serves||Fayzabad, Badakhshan, Afghanistan|
|Elevation AMSL||3,795 ft / 1,157 m|
Fayzabad Airport (IATA: FBD, ICAO: OAFZ) is an airport located 3.5 miles (5.6 km) northwest of Fayzabad (also spelled Faizabad or Feyzabad), the provincial capital of Badakhshan Province, Afghanistan. Landings.com
Built during the Soviet occupation, Fayzabad Airport is somewhat unique[clarification needed] in the world, notable for the runway being constructed of pierced steel planking (PSP or Marsden Matting) along its full width and length. Construction of a new asphalt runway was completed during the summer of 2012. It runs parallel to the metal runway which has been blocked off by large rocks.
Airlines and destinations
|East Horizon Airlines||Kabul|
- "Feyzabad (OAFZ)". Afghanistan Ministry of Transport and Civil Aviation. Retrieved 1 January 2013.
- "Faizabad Airport". Afghanistan Ministry of Transport and Civil Aviation. 27 August 2006. Archived from the original on 27 September 2007.
- Airport information for Faizabad, Afghanistan (OAFZ / FBD) at Great Circle Mapper.
- "OAFZ @ aerobaticsweb.org". Landings.com. Retrieved 2013-08-01.
- 2014 Timetable, http://flyeasthorizon.com/flight-schedule/
- Aeronautical chart for OAFZ at SkyVector
- Accident history for FBD at Aviation Safety Network
- Airport record for Faizabad Airport at Landings.com.
- Current weather for OAFZ at NOAA/NWS