Flora Township, Boone County, Illinois
|Settlement||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||36.49 sq mi (94.5 km2)|
|• Land||36.46 sq mi (94.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2) 0.08%|
|Elevation||869 ft (265 m)|
|• Density||81.8/sq mi (31.6/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60145, 60146, 61008, 61016|
|GNIS feature ID||0429007|
Flora Township is one of nine townships in Boone County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 2,981 and it contained 1,203 housing units. Flora Township was originally named Fairfield on November 6, 1849, but was changed to Burton in April, 1851, and then changed again to Flora in October, 1851.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.49 square miles (94.5 km2), of which 36.46 square miles (94.4 km2) (or 99.92%) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) (or 0.08%) is water.
The township contains these two cemeteries: Bloods Point and Flora.
- Belvidere Consolidated Unit School District 100
- Hiawatha Community Unit School District 426
- Illinois' 16th congressional district
- State House District 69
- State Senate District 35
- "Flora Township, Boone County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Belvidere Township||Bonus Township|
|Cherry Valley Township, Winnebago County
Rockford Township, Winnebago County
|Monroe Township, Ogle County||Franklin Township, DeKalb County||Kingston Township, DeKalb County|