[[file:Template:Location map India Up|250px|Forbesganj is located in Template:Location map India Up]]<div style="position: absolute; top: Expression error: Unrecognized punctuation character "[".%; left: Expression error: Unrecognized punctuation character "[".%; height: 0; width: 0; margin: 0; padding: 0;">
[[File:Template:Location map India Up|6x6px|Forbesganj|link=|alt=]]
|• MLA||PADAM PARAG RAI RENU (2010 ELECTION)|
|Elevation||46 m (151 ft)|
|• Official||Maithili, Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Sex ratio||876 ♂/♀|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Araria|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Forbesganj|
Forbesganj is a town and a municipality in the Araria District in the state of Bihar, India. Situated at the border of Nepal and India, the town is an important economic location for the region. The development of infrastructure here has taken a surge recently; broad-gauge railway services on the Katihar-Jogbani route and construction of the national highway, NH-57, are expected to improve the town's economy.
Jaleshwar Prasad Gupta (popularly known as J.P. Gupta) was a prominent freedom fighter from Forbesganj, who contributed a lot for the welfare of this region.
Apart from Hindi, Maithili is the common language spoken by most of the people in Forbesganj. Bengali, Bhojpuri, and Marwari are the other common languages spoken particularly in the town area.
Forbesganj is located at  It has an average elevation of 46 meters (150 feet). The NEPAL border is only 12km away. The part of India nearest Nepal is Jogbani..
Template:As of the India census, Forbesganj had a population of 41,982. Males constitute 53% of the population; females 47%. Forbesganj has an average literacy rate of 61%, higher than the national average of 59.5%. Male literacy is 67%; female literacy is 54%. 16% of the population of Forbesganj is under 6 years of age. Forbesganj is the biggest subdivision and town of the Araria district.
For a long time Forbesganj was known for its jute production, but the advent of synthetic fibers and the closing of mills due to non-profitability made sure that the jute industry died a slow death. With broad-gauge conversion of the railway tracks and construction of a four-lane highway, the economic activities are set to pick up. Some MNC's and Indian Companies are planning to set up huge manufacturing and R&D units in Forbesganj. Recently, the demand for small-scale industries has also increased. Forbesganj, due to its diversity, may be soon given a SEZ status for development of the nearby areas and to revive the trade that once used to flourish here.
The town has a railway station with both Broad-gauge (Katihar Jogbani branch line) and Meter Gauge tracks. Railway services are available for Katihar (five Passenger trains, daily), Delhi(12487 Jogbani-Delhi Seemanchal Exp., seven days per week), Kolkata (3160 Jogbani-Kolkata Exp, three days per week), and Saharsa (two Express and two Passenger trains daily, Meter Gauge). Trains for almost all big locations in India can be boarded from Katihar (98 km from Forbesganj).
Frequent bus services are available for Jogbani (Nepal Boarder), Araria (Dist Headquarters), Purnia (Commissioner's Headquarters), and Katihar. Many night-service, luxury buses ply between Forbesganj and Patna (The state Capital).
There is also an abandoned Aerodrome in the town.
Schools and Institutes
||This section may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (August 2013)|
- Mithila Public Sr. Secondary School
- Modern Public School, Keshari Tola
- Maya Public School, Marketing Yard
- Lee Academy High School
- Saraswati Vidya Mandir
- Central Model School (BATHANAHA)
- IHHS (BATHANAHA)
- Ebenezer Mission
- Modern Academy
- Shishu Bharati
- Modern Children Academy
- Central Public School,Bara Shivalaya Road, Forbesganj
(Well reputed English Medium - ICSE Pattern)
- Dr B.R.A. High School, Bathnaha
- Azad hind public school *BDG Girls High School
- Dwijdeni High School,
- Lee Academy High School
- J.P Memorial Public School, Post office chowk
- B D G Girls High School
- Children Academy,Jyoti Cinema More
- Aadarsh Madhya Vidyalaya,Dholbazza
- New Modern Academy
- cute kids ,bengali tola
Shishu Vikas Mandir
- Sahuji Net Point Kali Mandir Ward No-24
- KIIT COMPUTER ACADEMY, NEAR FANCY MARKET SADAR ROAD FORBESGANJ CONTACT No-9470200063;9135519338
- KIIT COMPUTER INSTITUTE, DIRECTOR- Mr. KRISHNA KUMAR (BCA)TOP COMPUTER INSTITUTE IN FORBESGANJ
- KIIT COMPUTER CENTRE, BEST COMPUTER CENTRE IN FORBESGANJ
- COMING SOON "F-TEC"COMPUTER INSTITUTE
- DIGITECH Computer Education, Forbesganj
- PYREX TECHNOLOGY, Hospital Road,(In Campus of Dr H.P.Das) Director- ASHISH(Engg.)9430813434, pyrextechnology.org
- COACHING INSTITUTES
1. Anil kumar for mathematics,professor colony
- Moti Babu Institute of Technology
- Lee Academy
- Forbesganj College
- ITI College
- jira devi sital sah mahila collage
- B D B K S college, Forbesganj
- IGNOU Forbesganj college, forbesganj
Hospitals and medical services
The town has good and adequate medical facilities. The government hospital includes that at the Sadar Road, Referral Hospital. While privately named facilities like Dr. Alakh Niranjan's Clinic are popular for basic surgery, ultrasonography, x-ray, etc.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Forbesganj
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.