Full House (2004 TV series)
Promotional poster for Full House
|Written by||Min Hyo-jung|
|Directed by||Pyo Min-soo|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||16|
|Location(s)||Incheon, Shanghai, Thailand|
|Running time||Wednesdays and Thursdays at 21:50 (KST)|
|Original channel||Korean Broadcasting System|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
|Original run||14 July 2004– 4 September 2004|
|Preceded by||April Kiss|
|Followed by||Second Proposal|
|Related shows||Full House Take 2|
Full House (Hangul: 풀하우스; RR: Pul-hauseu) is a 2004 South Korean television series starring Song Hye-kyo, Rain, Han Eun-jung and Kim Sung-soo. Based on the manhwa Full House by Won Soo-yeon, the romantic comedy series aired on KBS2 from July 14 to September 4, 2004 on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 21:50 for 16 episodes.
Han Ji-eun, an aspiring scriptwriter, lives in a house called "Full House" built by her late father. One day, her two best friends trick her into believing she has won a free vacation. While she is away, they sell her house. On the plane, she meets a famous actor named Lee Young-jae. Through comedic events, they get acquainted during her vacation and when she returns, she discovers her house has been sold to him.
Though they don't get along with each other, as she is messy and he has a bad temper and likes cleanliness, they agreed to live with each other. At first, Ji-eun works as his maid in order to buy her house back, but because of Young-jae's wish to make the love of his life, Kang Hye-won jealous, they get married. They set up a contract for the marriage to last six months. During that time, complications arise and Ji-eun and Young-jae become attracted to each other.
- Song Hye-kyo as Han Ji-eun as Theary
- Ji-eun is an optimistic and cheerful girl, loyal to her friends. Though naive and not very smart, she is shown as a character with spunk and a good heart as displayed in her efforts to be a writer. She lives in a beautiful home named Full House, which she inherited from her late parents. Her only friends before she meets Young-jae are Yang Hee-jin and Shin Dong-wook. She accepts a "free trip" to China, Shanghai, during which Yang He-jin and Shin Dong-wook sell her house. On the airplane, she sits next to and meets Young-jae. The meeting does not go well and ends up with her throwing up on him. Upon her arrival at the hotel, she meets Min-hyuk and he helps her attain a room. During her stay, she realizes that she has no money and no way of going home and goes to see Young-jae and tricks him into lending her money. When she arrives home, she finds out that her house has been sold to Young-jae. They end up deciding to get married and making a marriage contract. Once they divorce, Ji-eun would receive Full House. During the marriage, she ends up becoming a maid and cook to Young-jae. Along the way she starts to develop feelings for him. She ends up getting hurt many times by Young-jae because he believes he is in love with Hye-won. He ends up leaving and spending time with Hye-won and leaving Ji-eun waiting and hurt. She ends up getting hired by Min-hyuk as a writer and spends time with him. After some time, Young-jae ends up "seeing" Hye-won and Ji-eun ends up "seeing" Min-hyuk. She divorces Young-jae and ends up dating Min-hyuk. Near the end, Min-hyuk ends up proposing to Ji-eun but she says that she has not been divorced long and he tells her to think about it. The next episode, Young-jae proposes to her and she says she will think aboutit. In the end, she ends up accepting the proposal to Young-jae and ends up getting married to him once again, this time for real.
- Rain as Lee Young-jae
- Young-jae is a popular Korean actor, especially around girls. Though appearing to be egotistical and stubborn, mostly to maintain his pride, he has secret unrequited feelings for his childhood friend, Hye-won. But later on, Young-jae falls in love with Ji-eun. He also has a fragile relationship with his father, who is a doctor. Young-jae also had a sister who died as a child. Though he can be selfish, he cares deeply for his friends. He starts to realize his feelings for Ji-eun when she starts to date Min-hyuk. He is seeing Hye-won at the time and is extremely jealous of Min-hyuk and Ji-eun. After talking with Hye-won he realizes that he is in love with Ji-eun and thus Hye-won and Young-jae end their relationship. He ends up proposing to Ji-eun and she says yes.
- Han Eun-jung as Kang Hye-won
- Hye-won is a close family friend of Lee Young-jae, knowing them since childhood. Working as a fashion designer, she also designs most of Young-jae’s clothes. With her rich family and attractive appearance, she is accustomed to attention from men, but has ever only loved Yoo Min-hyuk. She can be very selfish, saying that she loves Min-hyuk but she can not let go of Young-jae.
- Kim Sung-soo as Yoo Min-hyuk
- Min-hyuk is a ladies' man. He is smart,rich, skillful and respected, but remains detached from most people because of his busy lifestyle. He is also close friends with Young-jae, who confides in him his feelings for Han Ji-eun. Min-hyuk is a director of a large media company. Like Hye-won, he is attractive and used to attention from women. He develops feelings for Han Ji-eun, and tries to get her to like him. Eventually, he sees that she love no one else but Lee Young-jae.
- Jang Yong as Mr. Lee, Young-jae's father
- Sunwoo Eun-sook as Ms. Kim, Young-jae's mother
- Kim Ji-young as Young-jae's grandmother
- Lee Young-eun as Yang Hee-jin, Ji-eun's friend
- Kang Do-han as Shin Dong-wook, Ji-eun's other friend and Hee-jin's husband
- Im Ye-jin as Dae Pyo, Young-jae's manager
The location of the titled house, Full House, is a house built specially for the series. It is located in the Gwangyeok-si area of Incheon, near Incheon International Airport, and is a ten-minute boat ride from Sammok Harbor. The house, made mostly of wood, cost approximately the equivalent of US$1 million to built. The beach front property looks out onto open waters. Nearby sightseeing locations include Jogak (sculpture) Park on Modo Island; a bridge connects these two islands.
- Full House (Inst.)
- 운명 [Fate] - WHY
- Forever (Inst.)
- I Think I Love You - Byul
- 시 (Inst.)
- 친구란 말 [The End of Being Friends] - Noel
- 운명 [Fate] (Full Slow Inst.)
- Blue Hills (Inst.)
- 운명 [Fate] (Slow Ver.)
- I Think I Love You (Guitar Inst.)
- 늦게 핀 사랑 (Too Late) [Love Bloomed Late (Too Late)] - G-Soul
- Forever - WHY
- 운명 [Fate] (Semi Slow Inst.)
- Love at the Gate (Inst.)
- 고마워할게요 [I'm Thankful] - Byul
- 늦게 핀 사랑 (Too Late) [Love Bloomed Late (Too Late)] (Violin Inst.)
- Amazing Love (Inst.)
- Paradiso (Inst.)
- 운명 [Fate] (Inst.)
- 처음 그 자리에 [The First Time in the First Place] - Lee Boram
- 타이틀셔플 (허밍)
- 샤랄라 (허밍)
|Ep. 1||25.4% (1st)||25.9% (1st)|
|Ep. 2||28.5% (1st)||29.2% (1st)|
|Ep. 3||31.4% (1st)||32.1% (1st)|
|Ep. 4||34.1% (1st)||35.2% (1st)|
|Ep. 5||36.8% (1st)||37.7% (1st)|
|Ep. 6||38.9% (1st)||40.0% (1st)|
|Ep. 7||39.6% (1st)||40.4% (1st)|
|Ep. 8||39.9% (1st)||40.7% (1st)|
|Ep. 9||40.2% (1st)||40.9% (1st)|
|Ep. 10||40.5% (1st)||41.3% (1st)|
|Ep. 11||41.0% (1st)||42.0% (1st)|
|Ep. 12||41.6% (1st)||42.1% (1st)|
|Ep. 13||41.4% (1st)||42.0% (1st)|
|Ep. 14||41.5% (1st)||42.1% (1st)|
|Ep. 15||41.4% (1st)||42.2% (1st)|
|Ep. 16||42.0% (1st)||42.2% (1st)|
- Top Excellence Award, Actor - Rain
- Top Excellence Award, Actress - Song Hye-kyo
- Popularity Award, Actor - Rain
- Popularity Award, Actress - Song Hye-kyo
- Netizen Choice Award - Rain
- Best Couple - Rain and Song Hye-kyo
The series also aired in China, Thailand, Japan, Cambodia, Malaysia, İndonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, Australia, Singapore, A.B.D, India and Sri Lanka.
Remakes and Sequel
- 2009 - It was remade into a Philippine TV series also titled Full House starring Richard Gutierrez and Heart Evangelista.
- 2009 - It was remade into a Vietnamese TV series titled Ngôi nhà hạnh phúc starring Lương Mạnh Hải and Minh Hằng.
- 2012 - Full House Take 2 starring Hwang Jung-eum, No Min-woo, and Park Ki-woong aired on Japan's TBS and South Korean cable channel SBS Plus.
- 2013 - It was remade into a Thai TV series of the same title starring Mike Pirat Nitipaisalkul and Aom Sucharat Manaying.
|2004||Full House||South Korea||Rain||Song Hye-kyo|
|2009||Full House||Philippines||Richard Gutierrez||Heart Evangelista|
|2009||Ngôi nhà hạnh phúc||Vietnam||Lương Mạnh Hải||Minh Hằng|
|2013||Full House||Thailand||Mike Pirat Nitipaisalkul||Aom Sucharat Manaying|
A musical theatre production of Full House will be staged at the Hongik Art Center beginning April 11, 2014. Yang Yo-seob and Leo (VIXX) alternate in the role of Lee Young-jae, while Jung Eun-ji and Joo alternate in the role of Han Ji-eun. Also starring are UJi (Bestie), Kim San-ho, Seo Ha-joon, and Kwak Sun-young.
- "Korean TV Drama: Full House". Korea Tourism Organization. Retrieved 2012-06-16.
- "Winners at the 2004 KBS Drama Awards". Korea Tourism Organization. Retrieved 2012-06-16.
- "Will Justin openly admit his love for Jessie in Full House?". Philippine Entertainment Portal. 16 February 2010. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- "Minh Hang in Vietnamese Version of Full House". Asianbite. 7 May 2009. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- Ho, Stewart (19 October 2012). "Full House Take 2 Starring Park Ki Woong, Hwang Jung Eum, Noh Min Woo Premieres on SBS Plus on Oct 22". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (5 March 2014). "B2ST Yang Yo Seop, A Pink Jung Eun Ji, VIXX Leo, Joo, and More to Star in Musical Full House". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- Kim, Ji-soo (5 March 2014). "Beast's Yang Yo-seob grabs musical lead". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- Kim, Hee-eun (6 March 2014). "Yo-seob joins new musical". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2014-03-06.