12 May 1915|
|Died||15 November 1980
|Allegiance|| Weimar Republic (to 1933)
Nazi Germany (to 1945)
|Years of service||1933–1945
|Commands held||II./Infanterie-Regiment 2|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Heinz-Martin Ewert (12 May 1915 – 15 November 1980) was a highly decorated Major in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Heinz-Martin Ewert was captured by Soviet troops in February 1945 after the Battle of Poznań and was released in 1949.
Awards and decorations 
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (7 June 1940)
- 1st Class (2 August 1941)
- Infantry Assault Badge (22 January 1942)
- Eastern Front Medal (15 August 1942)
- German Cross in Gold (2 October 1943)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 148.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 81.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.