|Directed by||Stuart Beattie|
|Produced by||Tom Rosenberg
Richard S. Wright
|Screenplay by||Stuart Beattie|
|Story by||Kevin Grevioux
|Based on||graphic novel I, Frankenstein
by Kevin Grevioux
|Music by||Johnny Klimek
Sidney Kimmel Entertainment
I, Frankenstein is an upcoming 2014 Australian/American fantasy action film written and directed by Stuart Beattie, based on the graphic novel and original screenplay by Kevin Grevioux. It stars Aaron Eckhart and Bill Nighy.
- Aaron Eckhart as Adam Frankenstein, a superhuman being created from science using various parts of corpses and electricity.
- Bill Nighy as Naberius, leader of the demons and one of the original fallen angels who fell from Heaven during Satan's rebellion against God.
- Yvonne Strahovski as Terra
- Miranda Otto as Leonore, queen of the gargoyles.
- Socratis Otto as Zuriel
- Jai Courtney as Gideon, leader of the gargoyle army.
- Kevin Grevioux as Dekar
- Steve Mouzakis as Helek
- Aden Young as Dr. Victor Frankenstein, a scientist and Adam's creator.
- Deniz Akdeniz as Barachel
- Virginie Le Brun as Elizabeth Frankenstein
- Goran D. Kleut as Rekem
Kevin Grevioux of Underworld sold the original screenplay to Lakeshore Entertainment in 2010. It is based on his Darkstorm Studios graphic novel of the same name. Lakeshore, an independent Los Angeles production company which also produced the Underworld films, brought Stuart Beattie on board to re-write and direct in early 2011. In November 2011, it was confirmed that filming would take place in Melbourne and that Australia's Hopscotch Features would co-produce the film with Lakeshore.
Filming began on February 27, 2012, based at Docklands Studios Melbourne. Filming occurred in Victoria, Australia over a period of ten weeks, with multiple scenes being filmed at Ormond College. The film created over 500 jobs for cast and crew.
It was announced on October 7, 2011 that Aaron Eckhart would play the lead role. Eckhart described his character thus: "Frankenstein is an intelligent, evolved man, and that’s how he is portrayed in this movie, for sure." In November 2011, Yvonne Strahovski was cast as the female lead, a scientist working to reanimate the dead, while Miranda Otto was cast as the queen of the gargoyles. Bill Nighy plays the film's villain, whom he described as a "Nasty piece of work; one of the angels descended with Satan." Eckhart and Otto trained for three months with martial arts experts Ron Balicki and Diana Lee Inosanto in the Filipino martial art of Kali for their fight scenes.
The U.S. release was set for February 22, 2013, but five months before then it was moved to September 13, 2013. In February 2013 it was announced the film would be released in 3D. In April 2013 the release date was moved again to January 24, 2014. On September 17, 2013 it was announced the film would be digitally re-mastered and released in the IMAX format.
- "Gothic thriller starts filming in Melbourne". The Sydney Morning Herald. Australian Associated Press. February 27, 2012. Retrieved March 4, 2012.
- I, Frankenstein Lives at Lakeshore - ComingSoon.net
- Lakeshore Greenlights I, Frankenstein | /Film
- Kevin Grevioux reveals the secrets of I, Frankenstein | Blastr
- I, Frankenstein Franchise Coming At You From Lakeshore
- Lakeshore Eyes New Franchise With 'I, Frankenstein'
- Fernandez, Jay A. (March 28, 2011). "Stuart Beattie to Write and Direct 'I, Frankenstein' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Craven, Jessica (November 9, 2011). "Gothic thriller I, Frankenstein to be filmed in Melbourne". Herald Sun. Retrieved March 4, 2012.
- Frater, Patrick (February 27, 2012). "I Frankenstein starts shoot". Film Business Asia. Retrieved March 4, 2012.
- McNary, Dave (October 7, 2012). "Aaron Eckhart to lead 'I, Frankenstein'". Variety (magazine). Retrieved March 4, 2012.
- Radish, Christina (October 14, 2011). "Aaron Eckhart Talks I, FRANKENSTEIN". Collider. Retrieved March 4, 2012.
- Kit, Borys (November 17, 2011). "'Chuck' Star Yvonne Strahovski to Play Scientist in 'I, Frankenstein' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved November 18, 2011.
- McEwan, Cameron K (February 21, 2012). "Bill Nighy talks I, Frankenstein". Den of Geek. Retrieved March 4, 2012.
- Another Glimpse at Aaron Eckhart in I, Frankenstein | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central
- I, Frankenstein Moves to September, Snitch Takes Its February Spot - ComingSoon.net
- Lionsgate’s 'I, Frankenstein' to Receive 3D Release
- Johnny Klimek & Reinhold Heil Scoring ‘I, Frankenstein’ | Film Music Reporter