ichchapuram railway station
|• Member of Legislative Assembly||Piriya Sairaj|
|Elevation||7 m (23 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Srikakulam|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Ichchapuram|
Ichchapuram is located at  It has an average elevation of 7 metres (22 feet)..
According to The Imperial Gazetteer of India the Ichchapuram in 1901 was a Zamindari tahsil in the Ganjam district covering an area of 300 square miles. The total population was about 4,50,000 in 2013. The headquarters Ichchapuram town was outside the tahsil in the adjoining Government taluq of Berhampur. The principal estates in the tahsil are Chikati, Surangi and Jarada. The Chikati estate was open, well irrigated and cultivated by Bahuda river. The Surangi and Jarada estates were largely consists of Hills and Forest.
As of 2013[update] India census, Ichchapuram had a population of 4,50,000. Males constitute 49% of the population and females 51%. Ichchapuram has an average literacy rate of 53%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 64%, and female literacy is 44%. In Ichchapuram, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Ichchapuram is main border center of Andhra Pradesh and Odisha located in Andhra Pradesh and very close to Odisha's commercial capital Berhampur.
- Community Health Centre, Andhra Pradesh Vaidya Vidhana Parishad is located here. It has bed strength of 30 in-patients.
- There is a post office at Ichchapuram.
- 411 Self Help Groups in Ichapuram Municipality (IKP-Urban). Pavala Vaddi checks given to SHG Members for Rs. 8,89,900/- .
Ichapuram is an assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh. There are 2,29,438 registered voters in this constituency in 2014 elections.
List of Elected Members:
- 1951 - Asi Neeladri Reddy.
- 1955 and 1972 - Uppada Rangababu Reddy
- 1962 - Kirti Chandra Deo.
- 1967 - L.K. Reddy
- 1978 - Bendalam Venkatesam Sarma
- 1983, 1985, 1989 and 1999 - M.V. Krishna Rao
- 1994 - late Dakkata Achuta Ramayya Reddy
- 2004 - Naresh Kumar Agarwal
- 2009 - Sai Raj Piriya
- 2014 - Bendalam Ashok (TDP)
Daily train service is available to other cities, including Visakhapatnam, Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad and Mumbai, but there are no direct train facility exists to go New Delhi, Bangalore, Goa, Ahmedabad, Ernakulam and other major cities of India. Taken into consideration, the President Rail Users Committee, Ichchapuram and such other social organisations participated Rail Rokoo long back, but in-vain. In the recent times, the Bar Association, Ichchapuram submitted several representations to the Hon'ble Railway Minister, Government of India, New Delhi and so also from top to bottom Railway Zonal/Divisional Officials. In this connection, Smt. Dr. Killi Kruparani M.P. cum MOS For IT & Communications pleases to address a letter to the Hon'ble Railway Minister, Government of India, New Delhi, basing on the Representation from the Bar Association, Ichchapuram. The Letter of Smt. Dr. Killi Kruparani Hon'ble M.P. cum MOS For IT & Communications, Government of India, New Delhi under consideration by the Railway Minister and Board. The proposals from the Zonal Office, BBS in respect of stoppage of trains such as ADI-PUR-ADI(12844-12845) and YPR-Howrah-YPR (12864-12863) BBS-Tirupathi-BBS at Ichchapuram have been sent to the Railway Board on 18-10-2012 and they are under pending for consideration by the Railway Board, New Delhi.
Villages and Panchayats
There are 21 village panchayats in Ichachapuram mandal.
- Arakabadra (village and panchayat)
- Balakrishnapuram (village and panchayat)
- Birlangi (village and panchayat)
- Boddabada (village and panchayat)
- Burjapadu (village and panchayat)
- Dharmapuram (village and panchayat)
- Edupuram (village and panchayat)
- Haripuram (village and panchayat)
- Kedaripuram (village and panchayat)
- Keerthipuram (village and panchayat)
- Kesupuram (village and panchayat)
- Koligam (village and panchayat)
- Kothari (village and panchayat)
- Loddaputti (village and panchayat)
- Mandapalli (village and panchayat)
- Masakhapuram (village and panchayat)
- Mutchindra (village and panchayat)
- Paitari (village and panchayat)
- T.Berhampuram (village and panchayat)
- Telukunchi (village and panchayat)
- Tulasigam (village and panchayat)
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Ichchapuram
- The Imperial Gazetteer of India. Vol 13, pp: 33
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Election Commission of India.1978-2004 results-Ichapuram
- Election Commission of India.Madras Assembly results.1951
- Election Commission of India.A.P.Assembly results.1972
- Election Commission of India.A.P.Assembly results.1962
- Election Commission of India.A.P.Assembly results.1967
- Details of Andhra Pradesh till Village Panchayat Tier
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ichchapuram.|