Jamie Campbell Bower
|Jamie Campbell Bower|
Bower at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con International
|Born||James Metcalfe Campbell Bower
22 November 1988
London, England, UK
|Occupation||Actor, singer, model|
James Metcalfe "Jamie" Campbell Bower (born 22 November 1988) is an English actor, singer and model. Bower is best known for his roles as Anthony Hope in Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, Caius in The Twilight Saga, King Arthur in the Starz original series Camelot and as the young Gellert Grindelwald in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1. In 2013, he portrayed Jace Wayland in The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones.
Bower was born in London, England. His mother, Anne Elizabeth (née Roseberry), is a music manager, and his father, David Bower, works for the Gibson Guitar Corporation. His maternal 4th great-grandfather was Sir John Campbell, of Airds, Lieutenant Governor of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. He attended Bedales School, a co-educational independent school in Hampshire, and is a former member of the National Youth Music Theatre and the National Youth Theatre. He began his professional career when his friend Laura Michelle Kelly, who also appeared in Sweeney Todd, recommended him to her agent. In addition to acting, he is also the lead singer in a band with the name of The Darling Buds, although this is a different band from The Darling Buds, popular in the 1980s and 1990s. Bower was a part-time model with Select Model Management in London.
Bower played Rocker in the film RocknRolla and Jack in Winter in Wartime. He starred in the 2009 remake of the series The Prisoner as Number 11-12. Also in 2009, he played the vampire Caius in the film The Twilight Saga: New Moon and both Twilight: Breaking Dawn films, alongside Michael Sheen. He appeared as the younger Gellert Grindelwald, the dark wizard defeated by Albus Dumbledore, in the 2010 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1. He played King Arthur in the 2011 television series Camelot. In 2010 Bower starred as an obsessed fan in the music video for "Young (Belane)" by the band The Xcerts.
In 2012, he appeared in the music video for "Never Let Me Go" by Florence + The Machine. He played Jace Wayland in The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, the film adaption of The Mortal Instruments series, by Cassandra Clare. In December 2013, Bower joined the cast of Burberry's Campaign Stars for spring/summer 2014. Bower claimed at the Burberry show at London Fashion Week that his band, The Darling Buds, will be releasing their EP in mid-2014.
In February 2010, Bower was confirmed to be dating fellow Harry Potter co-star Bonnie Wright, who played Ginny Weasley in the films. In April 2011, they confirmed their engagement. On 30 June 2012, Bower and Wright amicably called off their engagement.
|2007||Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street||Anthony Hope|
|2008||Winter in Wartime||Jack|
|2009||The Twilight Saga: New Moon||Caius Volturi|
|2009||Prisoner, TheThe Prisoner||11–12||Miniseries; 6 episodes|
|2010||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1||Young Gellert Grindelwald|
|2011||Camelot||King Arthur||TV series; 10 episodes|
|2011||The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1||Caius Volturi|
|2012||The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2||Caius Volturi|
|2013||The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones||Jace Wayland|
Awards and nominations
|2011||National Movie Awards||One to Watch: Brits Going Global||Himself||Won|
|2014 Teen Choice Awards||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie Actor: Action||The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones||Nominated|
- "Jamie Campbell Bower interview AP". YouTube. 30 March 2011. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- Vilkomerson, Sara (11 December 2007). "He's 19, He’s Beautiful And He's Bloody Good". The New York Observer. Retrieved 17 February 2008.
- Whitworth, Melissa (16 November 2009). "Fresh blood: Jamie Campbell Bower's teen thrills". This Is London. Retrieved 21 November 2009.
- Beauclerk Dewar, Peter (2001). Burke's landed gentry of Great Britain: together with members of the titled and non-titled contemporary establishment:Volume 1 of Burke's landed gentry of Great Britain. Burke's Peerage. p. 160. ISBN 0-9711966-0-5.
- "Exclusive Q&A with Jamie Campbell Bower, Rising Star of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street". Gibson.com. 15 January 2007. Retrieved 4 March 2008.
- West, Dave (25 July 2008). "'Jericho' star, Wilson join ITV's 'Prisoner'". Digital Spy. Retrieved 27 July 2008.
- "British newcomer joins Twilight". BBC News (British Broadcasting Corporation). 30 March 2009. Retrieved 3 March 2009.
- Fred Topel (March 30, 2011). "'Twilight's' Jamie Campbell Bower Is Also 'Camelot's' Arthur". Starpulse. Retrieved 11 April 2011.
- Sam Morgan (31 May 2011). "Jaime Campbell Bower Joins 'The Mortal Instruments'". Hollywood.com. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013.
- Bergin, Olivia (17 December 2013). "Meet Burberry's fresh new cast of campaign stars". Telegraph. Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- "Harry Potter's Jamie Campbell Bower, Bonnie Wright Engaged!". Us Weekly. 13 April 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "Young Potter stars split as the magic wears off (well they did get engaged after just six months)". Daily Mail. 1 July 2012. Retrieved 1 July 2012.
- "2011 National Movie Award Winners". National Movie Awards.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jamie Campbell Bower.|