Duhamel at the final table of the 2010 World Series of Poker Main Event
|Born||August 24, 1987|
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|World Poker Tour|
|European Poker Tour|
|Information accurate as of 6 November 2013.|
A fan of the Montreal Canadiens, Duhamel elected to donate $100,000 of his winnings to the Montreal Canadiens Children's Foundation, which is the largest individual donation ever made to the organization, after his win.
In January 2011, Duhamel won the High Roller Event at the European Poker Tour (EPT) Deauville for €200,000 ($272,209). Later that year, he cashed twice at the 2011 World Series of Poker for over $40,000 in earnings.
In January 2012, Duhamel made four final tables at the PokerStars Caribbean Poker Adventure. He finished 4th of the Super High Roller Event after his elimination by the winner of the event Viktor Blom. Duhamel won $313,600 for his performance. He made another final table in the turbo event finishing 5th. Then, he finished 1st of a side event and won $239,830. Finally, he finished 2nd of the High Roller Event and won $634,550.
On March 23, 2013, Duhamel finished in 3rd place to win $125,000 at Premier League Poker VI in London.
As of 2013, his live tournament winnings exceed $12,000,000, the majority of which comes from his $8.9 million first place prize at the 2010 Main Event.
Duhamel was badly beaten in a home invasion robbery in December 2011. His Main Event bracelet, 500€ in bills and a Rolex watch were stolen. Three individuals have since been arrested and a fourth questioned about the crime. Police have since recovered approximately half of the cash stolen.
- Bloomberg: Canada's Jonathan Duhamel Wins World Series of Poker, $8.9 Million Prize
- PokerStarsblog.com: Jonathan Duhamel captures Canada's first championship
- Peters, Donnie (2010-11-09). "2010 World Series of Poker: Jonathan Duhamel Wins 2010 WSOP Main Event!". PokerNews.com. Retrieved 2010-11-09.
- "€ 10,000 High Roller No Limit Hold'em". TheHendonMob.com. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- "WSOP 2011 Money List Top 5706". TheHendonMob.com. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- "Dan Shak wins Premier League Poker VI".
- Hendon Mob Database: Jonathan Duhamel
- Blatchford, Andy (2011-12-30). "Poker champ describes home invasion, beating: I thought it was a delivery man". The Canadian Press. winnipegfreepress.com. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- Police recover half of duhamels money