Kat O is located in the west of Mirs Bay. With an area of 2.35 km², it is the largest island in North District, the second largest being Wong Wan Chau (Double Island). Neighbouring islands include: Ap Chau, Ngo Mei Chau (Crescent Island), Pak Sha Chau (Round Island), Wong Wan Chau. The village of Tung O (東澳) is located on its northwest coast. Its highest point is Kai Kung Leng (雞公嶺), 122 m above sea level.
Kat O was once a major fishing market in Hong Kong.
Kat O Geoheritage Centre at No.142, Kat O Main Street, Kat O, was opened in 2010 by Kat O villagers, voluntary groups and the government to raise public awareness of geo-conservation, as part of the Hong Kong Geopark.
- Hong Kong Geopark: Kat O Nature Trail
- Survey and Mapping Office, Lands Department: Hong Kong geographic data sheet
- K.W. Lai, S.D.G. Campbell & R. Shaw, Geology of the Northeastern New Territories, p. 15, Civil Engineering Dept, Geotechnical Engineering Office, December 1996
- Brief Information on proposed Grade III Items. Item #974
- Welcome to 18 Districts - North District
- List of the 1,444 Historic Buildings in Building Assessment (as of 27 December 2013)
- Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department: Plover Cove Country Park
- Time Out Hong Kong: "Secret Hong Kong islands", 29 Apr 2014
- Hong Kong Geopark: Kat O Geoheritage Centre
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Crooked Island, Hong Kong.|
- Kut-O Chinese Association (Kent area) Website
- Pictures of Kat O: , 
- Hong Kong Geopark: "Lee Yuk Ying Introduces the Cultural History of Kat O to Visitors".
- Webpage about Kat O
|This Hong Kong location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|