|Elevation||649 m (2,129 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Khanapur is a panchayat town in Belgaum district, Karnataka, India. It is about 26 km from Belgaum. The town is governed by the Khanapur Municipal Council. Khanapur is the headquarters for Khanapur Taluka. The town is on the Belgaum - Panaji National Highway 4A. Khanapur is well connected by train and road to important cities in Karnataka, Goa, and Maharashtra. Marathi and Kannada/Konkani are the main languages spoken in this town.
Khanapur has an elevation of 646 metres (2,119 ft).
In the 2001 census, the town of Khanapur had 16,567 inhabitants, with 8,474 males (51.1%) and 8,093 females (48.9%), for a gender ratio of 955 females per thousand males.
In the 2011 census, the town of Khanapur had 18,535 inhabitants.
Tourism and attractions
Khanapur is famous for its pottery industry which is run by khadi village gramodyog commission on the banks of Malaprabha River also a tourist spot named Chouda Musi a small British era bridge constructed over a small dam. Khanapur town's economy is agricultural based and is famous for cultivation of crops like sugarcane, rice, nachani (millet) etc. and fruits like chikoo, guava jackfruit etc. It is also famous for food items such as churmure (puffed rice), jaggery etc.
- Kadamba period Bhuvaraha Narasimha temple at Halasi
- Kadamba style Kamala Narayana Temple is at Degaon
- Asoga - A village named Asoga on the banks of Malaprabha river is very attractive tourist place famous for its temple. This temple was built during the reign of Kadamba kings in the medieval period. Important scenes from the 70s hit movie 'Abhimaan' (featuring Amithabh Bacchan and Jaya bhaduri)were shot near the river Malaprabha at Asoga. The entire song 'Nadiya kinare' has been shot there.
- Modekopon the banks of Malaprabha river is very attractive tourist
- The Kalasa-Banduri Nala project
- Kamala Narayana Temple
- Sangolli Rayanna
- "Census 2001 Population Finder: Karnataka: Belgaum: Khanapur: Khanapur". Office of The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. Archived from the original on 16 May 2013.
- "NPR Report: Karnataka: Belgaum: Khanapur". National Population Register, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2011.