|Directed by||Anil Ganguly|
|Produced by||Sanat Kothari|
|Written by||M.G. Hashmat (dialogue)|
|Screenplay by||Surendra Sailaj|
|Story by||Saat Paake Bandha
by Ashutosh Mukhopadhyay
Shree Sound Studio
|Distributed by||Shreeji Films
Kora Kagaz (Hindi: कोरा कागज़; translation: Blank Paper) is a 1974 Hindi drama film produced by Sanath Kothari and directed by Anil Ganguly. The film stars Vijay Anand, Jaya Bhaduri, A.K. Hangal, Achala Sachdev and Deven Verma. The films music is by Kalyanji Anandji. The famous title song "Mera Jeevan Kora Kagaz" was by Kishore Kumar.
The film is based on a story "Saat Paake Bandha" by Ashutosh Mukhopadhyay, and is a remake of a Bengali film by the same name Saat Pake Bandha (1963) directed by Tapan Sinha, and starring Suchitra Sen.
At the 22nd National Film Awards, it won the award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment, while Lata Mangeshkar won the award for Best Female Playback Singer.
Professor Sukesh Dutt (Vijay Anand) and Archana Gupta (Jaya Bhaduri) meet each other in a chance encounter while traveling by BEST bus service in Mumbai. Their meeting again results in formal introduction to each other. Both get attracted to each other and get married. Archana's mother does not like Sukesh due to his modest income. She makes up stories about their affluence, which offends Sukesh. This results in acrimony between Archana and Sukesh, and they decide to separate. Archana goes to live with her parents, while Sukesh relocates. Archana's family asks her to forget Sukesh, and re-marry, which Archana finds difficult since she still has feelings for Sukesh.
- Vijay Anand as Professor Sukesh Dutt
- Jaya Bhaduri as Archana Gupta
- A. K. Hangal as Principal Gupta
- Achala Sachdev as Mrs. Gupta
- Nazneen as Aruna Gupta
- Dinesh Hingoo as Govind Gupta
- Ramesh Deo as Archana's Uncle
- Seema Deo as Archana's Aunt
- Sulochana Latkar as Sukesh's Aunt
- Master Shahid as Deepak
- Deven Verma as Drona Acharya
- Director - Anil Ganguly
- Story - Ashutosh Mukherjee
- Screenplay - Surendra Shailaj
- Dialogue - M. G. Hashmat
- Producer - Sanat Kothari
- Cinematographer - Bipin Gajjar
- Art Director - Abdul Rahim
- Choreographer - Suresh Bhatt, Praveen Kumar
- Music Director - Kalyanji Anandji
- Lyricist - M. G. Hashmat
- Playback Singers - Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar
- Editor - Waman B. Bhosle, Guru Dutt
- Song "Mera Jeevan Kora Kagaz" topped the Binaca Geetmala annual list 1974
|"Mera Jeevan Kora Kagaz"||Kishore Kumar||3:35|
|"Mera Padhne Mein Nahin Lage Dil"||Lata Mangeshkar||3:01|
|"Roothe Roothe Piya"||Lata Mangeshkar||3:22|
Awards and nominations
- Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment : Anil Ganguly
- Best Female Playback Singer: Lata Mangeshkar for the song "Roothe Roothe Piya."
- Best Film
- Best Director - Anil Ganguly
- Best Story - Ashutosh Mukhopadhyay
- Best Lyricist - M.G.Hashmat for the song "Mera Jeevan Kora Kagaz"
- Best Male Playback Singer - Kishore Kumar for the song "Mera Jeevan Kora Kagaz"
- Lata Mangeshkar - Best Female Playback Singer in Hindi film section
- Kishore Kumar - Best Male Playback Singer in Hindi film section
- Kalyanji Anandji - Best Music Directors in Hindi film section
- M.G.Hashmat - Best Lyricist in Hindi film section
- Gulazar; Nihalani, Govind; Chatterjee, Saibal (2003). Encyclopaedia of Hindi Cinema. Popular Prakashan. p. 431. ISBN 978-81-7991-066-5.
- "22nd National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- DownMelodyLane..::..National Awards - Year 1971-1980
- 1st Filmfare Awards 1953
- 69th & 70th Annual Hero Honda BFJA Awards 2007