Leblon, Rio de Janeiro
|State||Rio de Janeiro (RJ)|
|Municipality/City||Rio de Janeiro|
Leblon is the most affluent neighborhood in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Neighboring Ipanema is regarded as the second most affluent area in Rio de Janeiro. It is also the name of the local beach. The neighborhood is located in the south zone of the city, between Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas, Morro Dois Irmãos and the Jardim de Alá channel, bordering the Gávea, Ipanema, Lagoa and Vidigal neighborhoods.
Leblon is similar to Ipanema but even more exclusive, being the home of rich and famous people. The beach is quieter and more relaxed than the hip and trendy beach of Ipanema.
Leblon in Popular Culture
Leblon is known for being a very cosmopolitan neighbourhood, with a lively nightlife across its bars, restaurants and nightclubs. Leblon has been either referenced or depicted in the following media:
- Viver a Vida, a telenovela produced by Rede Globo aired from September 2009 to May 2010.
- Páginas da Vida, a telenovela produced by Rede Globo aired from July 2006 to March 2007.
- Mulheres Apaixonadas, a telenovela produced by Rede Globo aired from February to October 2003.
- Laços de Familia, a telenovela produced by Rede Globo aired from June 2000 to February 2001.
- Por Amor, a telenovela produced by Rede Globo aired from October 1997 to May 1998.
- História de Amor, a telenovela produced by Rede Globo aired from July 1995 to March 1996.
Leblon has also been the subject of many songs such as
- "Falso Leblon", "Choque de Ordem", "Haiti", "O namorado" and "O quereres" by Caetano Veloso
- "Óculos" by Paralamas do Sucesso
- "Inverno" by Adriana Calcanhotto
- "Sexo, amor, traição" by Luciana Mello
- "Andar, andar" and "Tesoura do desejo" by Alceu Valença
- "Aquilo bom (garotas do Leblon)" by Elba Ramalho
- "Daqui pro Meier" by Ed Motta
- "Balanço Zona Sul" by Wilson Simonal
- "Completamente Blue" by Cazuza
- "Virgem" by Marina Lima
among many others.