|Lectionary ℓ 184|
|Now at||British Library|
|Size||30 cm by 22.5 cm|
Lectionary 184, designated by siglum ℓ 184 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering) is a Greek manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. Westcott and Hort labelled it by 39e, Scrivener by 259e. It is dated by a colophon to the year 1319.
The codex contains Lessons from the Gospels of John, Matthew, Luke lectionary (Evangelistarium). Part of the first leaf (John 1:11-13) is on paper and was supplied by later hand. It is written in Greek minuscule letters, on 248 parchment leaves (30 cm by 22.5 cm), in two columns per page, 27-28 lines per page. According to Gregory it has "good text".
It is remarkable for its departures from the received text, and for that reason was often cited by Tischendorf, Alford, and Aland on the Gospels. It contains text of Luke 22:43-44 but with doubtful mark.
Notes and references
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments, Vol. 1. Leipzig. p. 402.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament, Vol. 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. pp. 345–346.
- Aland, Kurt; M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 230. ISBN 3-11-011986-2.
- UBS3, p. 92.
- UBS3, p. 273
- UBS3, p. 342
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments, Vol. 1. Leipzig. p. 194.
- The Greek New Testament, ed. K. Aland, A. Black, C. M. Martini, B. M. Metzger, and A. Wikgren, in cooperation with INTF, United Bible Societies, 3rd edition, (Stuttgart 1983), p. XXVIII.
- The Greek New Testament, ed. B. Aland, K. Aland, J. Karavidopoulos, C. M. Martini, and B. M. Metzger, in cooperation with INTF, United Bible Societies, 4rd revised edition, (United Bible Societies, Stuttgart 2001), p. 21*.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose (1853). Full and Exact Collation of About Twenty Greek Manuscripts of the Holy Gospels. Cambridge: John W. Parker and Son. pp. LXI.
- Westcott in Smith's Dictionary of the Bible.
- Burney 22 at the British Library