|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
Lithia is an unincorporated community in Hillsborough County, Florida, United States. It is a suburb of Tampa and has a population of 8,527. The zip code is 33547. The area code is 813. The area includes the CDP of Fish Hawk.
Lithia is a small community and home to Lithia Springs State Park, Alderman's Ford Park and the C.W. Bill Young Reservoir.
The community has a rich history in agriculture, saw mills, and phosphate mining. In the late 1990s, Newland Communities purchased 3,000 acres (12 km2) to develop Fishhawk Ranch " formerly a ranch", Fishhawk Trails was developed by another company, more public works and retail stores are currently in the development.
- Barrington Middle School (Public, 6-8)
- Bevis Elementary (Public, K-5)
- FishHawk Elementary (Public, K-5)
- Foundation Christian Academy (Private, Churches of Christ, K-12)
- Lithia Springs elementary (Public, K-5)
- Newsome High School (Public, 9-12)
- Pinecrest Elementary (Public, K-5)
- Randall Middle School (Public, 6-8)
- St Stephen's Catholic School (Private, Catholic, K-12)
Originally settled in 1847 by settlers from Georgia. Around 1900, Lithium was discovered in the waters of a spring, which resulted in the naming of the community to Lithia. Lithia is the closest community to the coordinates listed as the launch site by Jules Verne in his 1865 novel From the Earth to the Moon.
- Fish Hawk Community website. Retrieved 2013-09-21.
- Tbo.com, Jan 11, 2012
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Distance Between Places
- Populated Places Search Results - Multiple Matches